Release 3.2.0 (Beta) Is Now Available

Michel Kohanim

Well, now you can try 3.2.0 using the above links and get your notifications working. However, the default EMail uses UDI EMail accounts and they only have a limited number of EMails each month. If you have notifications setup then I assume you want instant notification for certain events. It would be a shame if your notifications didn't go out because UDI had exceeded their monthly limit on EMails.

Sincere apologies.

This is a GUI bug, please do use the following URLs to access ISY:

http://www.universal-devices.com/99i/3.2.0/admin.jnlp OR

http://www.universal-devices.com/99i/3.2.0/

We shall fix this issue along with other issues that you may find in the next release (by Monday).

With kind regards,

Michel

Pardon my ignorance, but how do I get the above links connected to my ISY. I click on them and a java interface comes up but it isn't connected to my ISY. Just empty pages.

If you click on this link

http://www.universal-devices.com/99i/3.2.0/

it should invoke the Admin Console using your ISY. It takes a little while because the Admin Console has to download from the UDI site.

Have you installed 3.2.0 on the ISY and cleared the Java cache before attempting to use either of the links?

Hi Lee, Yes, it invokes the Admin Console, but the devices and programs lists etc. are empty. It does not seem to be connecting to my ISY. (and I did clear the Java cache.)

Did not have any issues with updating firmware. Did not lose programs. When i add new devices 1. new 2 wire rf dimmer and 2. new 2477s dual band switchlinc relay it comes in as unsupported device 1.36. for the 2 wire dimmer and unsupported device 2.42. start linking worked better than add new device. On the dimmer it came in but at the end of process it came up with can not communicate with device, but a query cleared it up quickly. New switches do not show in list for swap out.

Anyone else have any problems bringing in these 2 new devices

-MAC

--Variable names have the bottom of the text cut off when trying to edit

Turns out this isn't fixed. If you click on a variable name under Variables then press backspace like you're going to edit it the bottom line of the variable row is cut off.

Both of the new insteon I2CS switches came in ( the dimmer with difficulty) as unsupported devices, dimmer as 1.36, relay as 2.42, AND they show in my lighting as Appliancelinc type RESPONDERS and now i understand why when i tried to "replace device with...." they did not show as available for swapping.

Neither of those cat/subcat values (1.32 and 2.42) are listed in the Device Type pulldown at 3.2.0 which is why they are identified as unsupported. Would not think an unsupported device could be Replaced With since its type is unknown.

UDI will have to add those types in the device type list.

Neither of those cat/subcat values (1.32 and 2.42) are listed in the Device Type pulldown at 3.2.0 which is why they are identified as unsupported. Would not think an unsupported device could be Replaced With since its type is unknown.

UDI will have to add those types in the device type list.

auto discover is normally used and then tried start linking and both methods yielded the same results.

andyf0

Just a thought, does the Help | About show UI at 3.2.0?

Yes, I think I've been here long enough now not to miss that. But thanks for checking.

You did make me go back and verify though. :)

The 2477S is not shown as an available device on the Smarthome web site. This a Beta device? Same with the a 2 wire RF dimmer which seems an odd dimmer device since a 2 wire device does not have a load.

Anyway, you may be able to use these devices by entering a specific non Dual Band equivalent. Not sure what affect that will have on I2CS detection. There is no restriction listed in the 3.2.0 announcement so I would think I2CS detection will work.

The 2477S is not shown as an available device on the Smarthome web site. This a Beta device? Same with the a 2 wire RF dimmer which seems an odd dimmer device since a 2 wire device does not have a load.

Anyway, you may be able to use these devices by entering a specific non Dual Band equivalent. Not sure what affect that will have on I2CS detection. There is no restriction listed in the 3.2.0 announcement so I would think I2CS detection will work.

it does have a load. it doesn't have a neutral, RF only. its an excellent option as i have come across the no neutral scenario many times in older homes and in some newer ones too

Are you saying this new module does NOT require a neutral power connection?

Every AC powered Insteon module I have seen. Requires a Neutral Power feed for its internal electronics.

that is correct it does not require a neutral it is RF only

Thank you for the full model number.

I found it in the FCC web site and it does look like a welcome addition to the Insteon Line.

I found the Users Manual and will give it a better look later.

Since it steals power through the load. I would guess incandescent bulbs only.