Accessing ISY remotely via HTTPS on a mobile device

MikeB

Running a Palm Treo 750 with Internet Explorer on Windows Mobile 5.

I can connect to the HTTPS page, confirm the certificate warning, which brings me to the login screen.

Login information, however, does not seem to stick. I can get it to sometimes display the list of devices and/or scenes, however trying to do anything further (control a device/scene, switch to a different page) brings me back to the login prompt.

I hope to upgrade to Windows Mobile 6 sometime soon and will re-test.

MikeB,

There's a 30 second timeout: you have to be doing something within every 30 seconds (from the previous action) otherwise you'll be logged out.

With kind regards,

Michel

Running a Palm Treo 750 with Internet Explorer on Windows Mobile 5.

I can connect to the HTTPS page, confirm the certificate warning, which brings me to the login screen.

Login information, however, does not seem to stick. I can get it to sometimes display the list of devices and/or scenes, however trying to do anything further (control a device/scene, switch to a different page) brings me back to the login prompt.

I hope to upgrade to Windows Mobile 6 sometime soon and will re-test.

edfinely,

Working on both and should be there by the official release.

With kind regards,

Michel

This seems like a very short timeout. Is there a way we can adjust it?

Also, would there be a way of making a link that would log us in such has https://mydomain.html?pw=mypassword&li=mylogin

Both IE7 and PocketIE6 aren't automatically entering the username and password.

Thanks,

Ed

Anyone try accessing their ISY from a Treo mobile device?

On my Treo 750 running Windows Mobile 5 I can get the login screen, login which brings me to the Devices list, then when I click a device it brings me back to the login.

Tried updating to Windows Mobile 6, same issue. This is via HTTP or HTTPS.

Tried a buddy's Treo 750, same thing,

I'm curious if anyone else is successfully using a Treo?

On my Treo 750 running Windows Mobile 5 I can get the login screen, login which brings me to the Devices list, then when I click a device it brings me back to the login.

I'm using a Treo 700wx with Mobile 6 and I am experiencing similar problems. Occasionally, things go well...for a while...then I get a IE error message. The Administrative Console in never accessible and it just gives me the UD first screen without login fields.

At one point I was able to access the Device menu successfully with my Treo. So much so that I was able to turn several of my devices on and off in rapid succession. This resulted in locking up my 99i to the point where it dissappeard from my network all together. Recyling the power brought it back. I was able to recreate that phenomemon by repeating the fast off/on of some devices. The power cycle fixed it again.

Now bear in mind that my PLM is undersized for my devices/programs/*lincs, etc. Tomorrow I will get the new upgraded PLM and will try to recreate the failure.

More tomorrow.

Joe

P.S. It would be really nice to be able to access the Administrative Console with a smartphone.

Brignolo,

We have verified that Windows Mobile/Treo crash the system. We are still trying to figure out what's causing the repetitive logon screen.

As far as Admin Console on your mobile phone, well, I think it would be quite difficult till such time that there are much more powerful phones than those out there. But, of course, this may happen very soon!

With kind regards,

Michel

I'm using a Treo 700wx with Mobile 6 and I am experiencing similar problems. Occasionally, things go well...for a while...then I get a IE error message. The Administrative Console in never accessible and it just gives me the UD first screen without login fields.

At one point I was able to access the Device menu successfully with my Treo. So much so that I was able to turn several of my devices on and off in rapid succession. This resulted in locking up my 99i to the point where it dissappeard from my network all together. Recyling the power brought it back. I was able to recreate that phenomemon by repeating the fast off/on of some devices. The power cycle fixed it again.

Now bear in mind that my PLM is undersized for my devices/programs/*lincs, etc. Tomorrow I will get the new upgraded PLM and will try to recreate the failure.

More tomorrow.

Joe

P.S. It would be really nice to be able to access the Administrative Console with a smartphone.

• 11 months later...

I have been successful several times at connecting to my ISY url and accessing the devices and scenes. That is all I am really interested in doing! The real problem is after I connect and then disconnect I cannot reconnect - when I try I just get a timeout. I do not see any problems with ISY after connecting with my phone.

I have tried various things to resolve this including clearing all of my cookies and memory on my phone and disabling and re-enabling internet access on my ISY, but no success!

Anybody have any ideas??

Hi Jim,

Have you tried increasing the timeout on your ISY?

With kind regards,

Michel

I have been successful several times at connecting to my ISY url and accessing the devices and scenes. That is all I am really interested in doing! The real problem is after I connect and then disconnect I cannot reconnect - when I try I just get a timeout. I do not see any problems with ISY after connecting with my phone.

I have tried various things to resolve this including clearing all of my cookies and memory on my phone and disabling and re-enabling internet access on my ISY, but no success!

Anybody have any ideas??

Michel - Thanks for the quick response...

Where would I make this change, and why could I connenct OK once and then nothing but timeouts...?

Hi Jim,

With kind regards,

Michel

Anybody have any ideas??

Hi Jim,

I am not sure what's causing this issue as we cannot reproduce it but would love to know more so that, perhaps, there's a bug that we have to fix.

To change the HTTP/S timeout, telnet to your ISY, login, and issue CWT.

With kind regards,

Michel

quote="Stowaway"]Michel - Thanks for the quick response...

Where would I make this change, and why could I connenct OK once and then nothing but timeouts...?

Hi Jim,

With kind regards,

Michel

Anybody have any ideas??

Thanks Michel

I will try to get to it tomorrow when I have a little time.

Best regards

Hi Jim,

I am not sure what's causing this issue as we cannot reproduce it but would love to know more so that, perhaps, there's a bug that we have to fix.

With kind regards,

Michel

quote="Stowaway"]Michel - Thanks for the quick response...

Hi Jim,

With kind regards,

Michel

Anybody have any ideas??

So far so good. I increased the timeout values five-fold and then restarted the ISY and was able to connect via my Smartphone just as in the past. I will keep connecting and update you with my results over the next few days to see what happens.

I am wondering what would have happened if I had just done a restart. :?:

A simple "Restart" via telnet is what I will try next time my connection fails and then let you know what happened :!:

Thanks again

Thanks Michel

Best regards

Hi Jim,

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi Jim,

With kind regards,

Michel

Anybody have any ideas??

Update! After connecting several times via my Smartphone without any problems I went about my business for several hours. I made a couple of changes to the ISY via the console and then tried to connect via my Smartphone and was back to getting timeouts, -- I telneted a restart or reboot of the ISY and was able to connect via my Smartphone immediately.

Another Update two hours later (3PM EST). I have not used the console to reconnect to the ISY since I restarted it via Telnet. I just tried unsuccessfully to connect via my SmartPhone.

Any new ideas :?:

Thanks!

So far so good. I increased the timeout values five-fold and then restarted the ISY and was able to connect via my Smartphone just as in the past. I will keep connecting and update you with my results over the next few days to see what happens.

I am wondering what would have happened if I had just done a restart. :?:

A simple "Restart" via telnet is what I will try next time my connection fails and then let you know what happened :!:

Thanks again

Thanks Michel

Best regards

Hi Jim,

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi Jim,

With kind regards,

Michel

Anybody have any ideas??

Hi Michel

I use my WiFi for connection to my ISY. I just tried using the https://my.external.ip.address and it would not connect! Yes - I do have access enabled!!

I connected via telnet and sent an RS. I still cannot connect via my browser and my internet address but I can connect using my phone... I will send you my address via email so you can check it out.

Now I am really confused. :?

Hello Jim,

Is your SmartHome going through the Internet (i.e. https://your.external.ip.address)? If so, can you access your ISY using the remote URL via a browser on your computer? If not, is your SmartHome using your WiFi?

With kind regards,

Michel