All off switch

beachfront71

Sorry to bother and thanks in advance..

Can someone take the time to tell me how to make an all off switch on my KPLinc?

I can not figure out what needs to be dragged into the scene and if it should be a controller or responder ...

It would be 3 switches and some other buttons on 2 key pads...

Thanks again.

All controllers and responders should be in the scene. Controllers would be the devices that you want to touch in order to turn the lights off...a switch...a button. If I understand correctly, this would be the "It would be 3 switches and some other buttons on 2 key pads". Responders would be the devices that you want to respond to controllers....light fixtures, lamp modules, inlinelincs, ...

Button H cannot turn Off different Scenes. Button H cannot be defined to turn Off three different Scenes for example. Not possible in Insteon. Create a new ISY Scene that has button H as Controller and all the other devices that should turn Off as Responders. If button H should only turn Off the devices (never turning them On) set button H to non-toggle Off mode. That way when button H is pressed it only sends Off commands.

In ISY there are always alternatives. An ISY Program can be written to trigger from a Button H Off command and the Program turn Off multiple Scenes.

I want to be able to hit button H on my keypad and have it turn off different scenes

As LeeG states, a single controller cannot control more than one scene. Given your subject "all off switch", I had assumed that you wanted a switch (or multiple switches) that turns ALL your lights off. Create a single "scene" that includes ALL your lights. In that same scene, include the button or switches that you want to use to turn off ALL your lights. The lights would be added to the single scene as responder devices. The buttons and/or switches would be to the same, single scene as controller devices.

If you want to use the same button to turn off ALL your lights AND turn on SOME of your lights, that would constitute 2 scenes, one scene has ALL your lights, the second scene has SOME of your lights. Unfortunately, a controller can be a controller only of one scene (by design). Therefore, you cannot use the same button or switch as controller of both scenes. An ISY program may offer a solution, but I think I would get the concept of scenes and controllers and responders straight before I would worry about programs.

Archived