IOLinc is momentary in Scene, latching as device

MikeBro

I've got an IOLinc in a scene with a KPL button (6-btn, btn D), using just the relay. When I turn the scene on or off, the relay doesn't change state, or perhaps changes quickly, as if it was momentary. However, when I turn the device on or off, it stays on or off. I verified that the option on the IOLinc was "latching". Doesn't matter if I trigger the scene from web or KPL. Any clues?

This is part of whay I tried to post before the entry was deleted for some reason.

What ISY firmware is being used?

It may be the I/O Linc options are being set with I1 rather than I2. If on a 3.2.x beta right click the I/O Linc Sensor node, select Diagnostics | Query Insteon Engine. Then run Tools | Diagnostics | Event Viewer with Level 3-Device communications events selected. Use Set Options to set a Momentary mode, then set it to latching mode and post the event trace.

The right-click Diagnostics menu only shows two items, "Show Device Links Table" and "Show ISY Links Table". Anyway,with event log open, I set to momentary and then latching.

Tue 04/03/2012 07:38:08 PM : [All         ] Writing 0 bytes to devices

Tue 04/03/2012 07:38:09 PM : [All         ] Writing 0 bytes to devices

Tue 04/03/2012 07:38:12 PM : [All         ] Writing 0 bytes to devices

Tue 04/03/2012 07:38:13 PM : [All         ] Writing 0 bytes to devices

Tue 04/03/2012 07:38:13 PM : [All         ] Writing 0 bytes to devices

Tue 04/03/2012 07:38:16 PM : [All         ] Writing 0 bytes to devices

Tue 04/03/2012 07:38:17 PM : [All         ] Writing 0 bytes to devices

Tue 04/03/2012 07:38:17 PM : [All         ] Writing 0 bytes to devices

MikeBro,

I do hope that you are aware of the fact that we do have a dedicated tech support team ready to help you. Please either call us or Submit a ticket (link below) and we'll be delighted to schedule a time most convenient for you to walk through your setup and figure out what's going on.

With kind regards,

Michel

Dear Michel,

I finally had the opportunity to call tech support (being at home today), and the fellow who helped me was fantastic (I wish I could remember his name!) He just had to Restore the device; apparently it did not have a scene link stored, so it responded to direct commands, but not scene commands. I had primarily called about getting remote internet access (I have uPnP router, but it wasn't working for me), and he quickly set it up, and gave me a nice tutorial while he did so. 5-stars. :D

Archived