Replacing Thermostat Adapter

HELP! I am trying to replace my INSTEON Thermostat Adapters v2.1 with v2.4 versions. This is because of communication issues I have had with the v2.1 adapters.

I removed the old ones and put the new ones (one upstairs and one downstairs). I then selected "Start Link" and went to each device to put them in link mode.

The ISY Console has been on "Initialize System" for over 30 minutes and is coming up with errors. What I am doing wrong?

Hello hisenberg,

I am so very sorry to hear. Quick questions:

1. What's your ISY's firmware version? You will need 3.2.2 for the support of the newest thermostat dongles

2. What's your PLM's firmware version (Tools | Diagnostics | PLM Status/Info)?

3. Did you use the first option when linking (remove existing links)?

With kind regards,

Michel

1. I updated to ISY 3.2.2, deleted the thermostat address, re-linked and let it run over night.

While it found BOTH thermostats (upstairs and downstairs), the upstairs thermostat does NOT respond to commands. It seems to respond to a query correctly, but it does NOT respond to a request to change heatpoint or coolpoint (for example).

2. The PLM's firmware version says "13.22.48 v92 / Connected" (I assume the first digits are the address and the PLM firmware version is v92.

3. I did not use the first option when linking, I used the 3rd option (link and keep)

Yes, the problem is only limited to one of the two thermostats.

They ISY 99i Firmware version is 3.2.2.

I tried to relink the thermostat that was giving me problems and I used Delete Existing links.

It seems to have improved the situation, but the response rate is very slow (can take 30 seconds to a minute to take a command). The other thermostat responds instantly.

Hello hisenberg,

Thank you. If this is not a TempLinc or an Integrated thermostat, then the best thing to do is to swap the dongles. If the problem moves with the dongle, then the dongle is defective. Otherwise, I suspect a defective thermostat.

Please note that if the thermostat is in program mode, there are certain commands that the thermostat might ignore. Furthermore, if you are setting invalid values (such as cool set point > heat set point), then the thermostat would apply its own logic.

With kind regards,

Michel

Archived