Zigbee Thermostats

Nuttycomputer

Hey Everyone,

Got my ISY-994 ordered and excited about the potential zigbee applications. My question is whether the ecobee EB-STAT-02 is currently supported and what data you can get from it if so. Initially when I thought I was going Insteon only I was going to get the Venstar but based on reviews this thermostat doesn't have a battery backup? A big part of the WAF is making sure the new fancy technology looks fancy and doesn't add additional work (such as reprograming every time after poweroutage)

Any other suggestions are helpful, just getting started in this stuff.

Hey Everyone,

Got my ISY-994 ordered and excited about the potential zigbee applications. My question is whether the ecobee EB-STAT-02 is currently supported and what data you can get from it if so. Initially when I thought I was going Insteon only I was going to get the Venstar but based on reviews this thermostat doesn't have a battery backup? A big part of the WAF is making sure the new fancy technology looks fancy and doesn't add additional work (such as reprograming every time after poweroutage)

Any other suggestions are helpful, just getting started in this stuff.

Just FYI, the Venstar stores it's programming in non-volitile memory so nothing is lost on a power failure and resumes when power is restored. If you care, you'll need to reset the clock, but if controlling via the ISY you really don't care about the thermostats clock.

Just FYI, the Venstar stores it's programming in non-volitile memory so nothing is lost on a power failure and resumes when power is restored. If you care, you'll need to reset the clock, but if controlling via the ISY you really don't care about the thermostats clock.

I'll have to look into the programming side more. I just assumed running the program on the ISY itself would make it more difficult when wanting to do a temporary condition or making changes. However perhaps I'm approaching the program incorrectly...

Archived