SwitchLinc Relay 2476S

adam48

I'm new to ISY and only have a few insteon devices installed. (Mainly use older X10 modules)

I am requesting assistance with correct setup of the SwitchLinc 2476S in ISY. (new device)

I'm confused on the controller vs. responder installation. Which should I be using?

The switchlinc will be used to controller malibu lights in the back yard. Just needing simple on/off control, and will use a time of day setting to simply turn them on and off. They will not be part of any scene.

Thanks

Adam

The SwitchLinc is both a Controller and a Responder as far a device capability is concerned. If an ISY Scene is being created the SwitchLinc would normally be added as a Controller so that whether the SwitchLinc is operated manually with the paddle or with an ISY Scene both the SwitchLinc and the ISY will stay in sync with the Status of the SwitchLinc.

If not part of any ISY Scene the question about the SwitchLinc being a Controller or Responder will not be asked.

Note that new SwitchLinc Relays (purchased in the last few weeks) are I2CS devices which require the ISY to be at firmware 3.2.4 or above.

Archived