Can't put a SwitchLinc into Set mode

ricke

Recently a pair of SwitchLinc dimmers that were linked stopped properly being controlled by my ISY-99. Once one of the SwitchLincs responds to On and Off commands. I tried resetting the misbehaving light and then tried to put it into Set mode to relink it but after holding the paddle down for 5-8 seconds it never goes into linking mode. Any idea what's gone wrong and any way to force it to go into linking mode?

Thanks,

Rick

The SwitchLinc Dimmer User Guide indicates 10 seconds to enter linking mode.

However, Set button links should not be done when using an ISY. The ISY is not aware of Set button links and will eventually overlay or delete them. If it is just restoring the links right click the SwitchLinc node and select Restore Device.

I'll try the Restore but that sounds confusing since the Link Management/Start Linking task tells you to press the Set button for 3-5 seconds which is how I added all of my INSTEON devices in the first place.

Thanks,

Rick

I got my terms wrong, I pressed the set button (rececced button at bottom) to try and put it into linking mode.

I never deleted the device from the ISY.

I tried to do a restore but nothing seemed to happen in the admin console. I notice that SwitchLinc and a KeypadLinc have a green arrow to the left pointing at them. What does that mean?

Thanks,

Rick

The green Icons indicate there are pending updates for the device. Right click the node and select Write Updates to Device. Do one device at a time. Only when one device has completed the updates should the next device with pending updates be selected for the next Write Updates to Device. There may be a communications problem developing. If the Set button message did not make it to the PLM and updates are queued, both are indications the ISY PLM is having trouble communicating with those devices.

OK thanks for the help. I did the Write Updates to both the SwitchLinc and the KeypadLinc (by the way there is no relation between these 2 INSTEON devices) and I saw the System Busy/Progress bar as the ISY was being updated. After doing both writes the green flag still remains.

Seems odd that both INSTEON devices are failing recently.

Rick

Probably not the devices themselves but something on the circuit that powers both devices. You can do another Write Updates to Device. With bad comm It may take several attempts to get the updates to the devices. Bad comm may be responsible for what you were seeing initially.

Have new devices/appliances be installed recently?

Archived