FanLinc Bright LEDs Controllable?

Nuttycomputer

Hey Everyone,

Installed a Fanlinc a few days ago in the bedroom. Nice product that I've had minor issues (mostly due to it being a Responder Only Device), but that is another forum topic. I also found I should have read one of the other reviews that talked about how bright the LEDs were and taped them before I got the fan back together.

However, one of the reviews on the smarthome webpage indicated houselinc allows you to turn these bright LEDs off. Can anyone confirm this and can we add this to the ISY? I really don't want to pull the fan apart again and would wait a few weeks for that functionality versus doing that.

I'd really like to know as well. I DID tape over the LEDs on mine but can still see the red glow leaking out of the fan housing. The FanLinc is white plastic which allows the light to transmit through its body some distance from the LEDs (more than I could see in daylight). If I could turn the LEDs off, that would be great.

I don't understand why ON is the default state for the LEDs on a hidden device anyway. I can see blink on activity for diagnostic purposes but always on doesn't make sense to me.

-Xathros

I'd really like to know as well. I DID tape over the LEDs on mine but can still see the red glow leaking out of the fan housing. The FanLinc is white plastic which allows the light to transmit through its body some distance from the LEDs (more than I could see in daylight). If I could turn the LEDs off, that would be great.

I don't understand why ON is the default state for the LEDs on a hidden device anyway. I can see blink on activity for diagnostic purposes but always on doesn't make sense to me.

-Xathros

Good to know that even if I did take it all apart (major pita for my fan i learned) that it might not even resolve the problem.

FanLinc LEDs can be turned On/Off programmatically.

Lee-

Excellent news!

It appears however, that the ISY is not currently capable of this as I see no way to change the FanLinc LEDs via options, scene or direct command within a program.

Am I just missing it somewhere ?

Thanks.

-Xathros

Archived