Fanlinc issue

osurh18

I am linking my Fanlinc now and have been reading a lot of posts to make sure this works correctly. However I think I have an issue with the linking. I put my ISY into linking mode and went up to the fanlinc pressed the light button once until it went green. Then press and held the light button until I got the confirmation beep. Went back down and 2 devices showed up on my isy:

14.9E.D4-Light

14.9E.D4-Motor

If I select these devices, on the main screen frame to the right it has the title name 14.9E.D4-Light and then under that it says unsupported device 1.46

The settings under it are:

Current State (slide bar 0-100)

On Level (slide bar 0-100

Ramp Rate (slide bar 0.1s - 9m)

This doesn't seem right since a lot of the posts I have been reading discuss Fan options of High Med Low, etc

Any suggestions?

FYI, my ISY fimrware is v.3.2.4 and the UI is v.3.1.17

The Admin Console is not at the correct level. The Firmware and UI lines must both indicate 3.2.4. Clear the Java cache and be sure to use the URL for the 3.2.4 Admin Console. Currently the Admin Console is from 3.1.17. If the FanLinc is still shown as unsupported when the UI line indicates 3.2.4 the FanLinc will have to be Deleted and added back with the correct Admin Console.

No need to climb the ladder again. Use New INSTEON Device, enter the Insteon address, Name of your choice and leave the Device Type as Auto Discover.

Archived