KeypadLinc Relay LED question

auger66

I know there has been a lot of discussion on keypadlincs and LEDs, but I haven't seen this one. I'm putting in a new Insteon/ISY installation in a remote location.

I have one of the recently discontinued non-dual band 6-button KeypadLinc Relays (2486S v.36). All buttons are in non-toggle on mode except the C button which is non-toggle off.

All switches and LEDs function exactly the way I want except for one thing. When I press the main ON switch, any of the ABD buttons that are on will immediately go out. There is no delay at all so it seems to be a function of the switch. I can turn the ABD LEDs back on after the main ON is switched on.

Is this normal behavior for the switch? Can it be changed? Thanks.

Is this normal behavior for the switch? Can it be changed?

No, not normal based on my experience and expectations. My experience is that all buttons operate independent of each other unless specifically configured otherwise. Is it possible that you have inadvertently configured your keypad with some type of button grouping?

Is this normal behavior for the switch? Can it be changed?

No, not normal based on my experience and expectations. My experience is that all buttons operate independent of each other unless specifically configured otherwise. Is it possible that you have inadvertently configured your keypad with some type of button grouping?

That was my experience, too; but I've never used this specific keypad. No groupings. I've used the ISY for all programming.

Also, I've found pressing the main OFF button switches off the ABD buttons, too.

Look at the Scene that has the ON/OFF buttons as a Controller. What are the responders in the Scene? Buttons which are responders do not follow the non-toggle definition as far as button LEDs are concerned.

The ON/OFF buttons aren't in any scenes at all.

Let me look at this more. If I can't figure it out, I'll just start over with a keypadlinc factory reset.

Thanks, ya'll. I just needed to know if the behavior was normal. Now that I know it's not, I'll dig deeper in to what I have done.

I'm having issues now with 2 of my older KeypadLinc switches (non Insteon). Pressing any button the whole switch will go black (all backlit LEDs would go out), then it comes back after few seconds. I'm guessing a bad switch, going to replace them on the weekend.

Archived