Motion sensors not 'reporting' after power outage

tim2u

My power flashed off a time or two this morning. Afterwards, I noticed that none of my motion sensing programs were reporting. I logged on to ISY and none of the status for the motion sensors are showing up. They are blank. I've sense rebooted the ISY a few times and the status still does not appear. I've also cycled the power on the isy with the same result.

I believe this has happened before but was usually fixed with an ISY reboot.

Any suggestions?

The ISY is discoverable via IP address so it isn't an issue with the router. Also, my other wireless devices (remote controls), programs, etc. are still working fine.

The Motion Sensors have to change state before they send a message to the ISY. Until then the ISY doesn't know what state they're in. If they were off they need to detect motion to send an ON. If they were on then they need to timeout before they send an OFF, assuming you're using them in ON/OFF mode.

The same same goes for Dusk/Dawn with the exception they won't send Dusk/Dawn messages while they are ON.

Unplug for 30 seconds the Access Points and the Dual Band PLM if using a 2413S. If using a tstat cycle it as well.

Are there any other RF only devices that are working?

Are the LEDs on the Access Points blinking?

I will try the unplug idea. However, I don't think it is an IR thing. I've also noticed that the status of devices are reporting unless I query them. For example, when I turn a light on by its light switch to turn it on, the status of it does not change in ISY like it use too unless I query it. I've also seen this behavior in the past, but usually an ISY reboot fixes it. Not this time

As far as the timeout of the motion sensors, they all have had plenty of time to timeout. I also pulled the back off one and clicked the set button which will trigger it on/off. This did not cause the status to change in ISY.

Also, the red lights on the motion sensors are not blinking. I believe that means they can't communicate to another device. I've seen that before too, but not the case this time.

Also, other RF devices are working: tstat, remotelinc, remotelinc2, its the status in ISY that is not.

Any ideas?

The Red LED in the motion sensors are independent of communicating with a device. If it senses motion the red LED should flash unless the option to turn Off the LED is in effect. With no devices reporting status changes either the PLM is hung up or the PLM has lost its link database. If a power cycle of the PLM does not work the next thing is a File | Restore Modem (PLM).

Archived