Using One Button to control Light or Fan

ralphjjr

Hello all,

This is definitely a noob question. I've done some searching but I guess I haven't used the right combination of words.

I have an ISY 994i v3.2.5 UI 3.1.17

I'm trying to program a RemoteLinc2 or a KeypadLinc to use a single button to cycle through the speeds on a fan, or the dim settings on a light.

Right now all I have is a Scene with the single Light or Fan that I want and x number of buttons for each setting I want. So I have 3 buttons for the fan, and 3 for the light.

I feel like I'm missing something. I'm still searching and looking through manuals. Thanks for the help!

MOST IMPORTANT! The Admin Console being used 3.1.17 is not meant to run on the 3.2.x betas. Clear the Java cache and switch to the URL for the 3.2.5 Admin Console. Also note that 3.2.6 (RC) is now available.

A single button can be implemented with a few ISY Programs. Using the current On Level of Low for example and a button press the ISY Program Then clause sets the Fan On Level to Med. Another ISY Program uses an On Level of Med and a button press to have the Then clause set the Fan On Level to High, and on so on. The KeypadLinc button can be put into non-toggle mode so that it is not necessary to cycle through an On/Off button sequence.

Hmm. I figured the UI version was off. OK. I'll upgrade to 3.2.6, clear my cache and make sure to use the new URL.

I will also try to build a program - I was just doing that in the last hour or so. Is there a post somewhere like "Creating Programs 101" ?

The UDI Wiki has some very good information ISY Programs. Don't think there is a FanLinc example as the device is too new but ISY programming in general there is lots of good information.

Here is one example of switching from Low to Med using KPL button C On

If
       Control 'KPL Floor Dimmer 6 / KPL Floor Dimmer 6 - C' is switched On
   And Status  'FanLinc I2CS-Fan' is Low

Then
       Set 'FanLinc I2CS-Fan' Med

Else
  - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

Archived