Schedule Every Other Day

vbPhil

I'd like my irrigation to run every other day. Any ideas on how to schedule that? I thought of maybe using odd and even calendar dates but I don't see that either.

I have several irrigation programs stashed away in their own folders and now that Spring is here I need to get them running again. Last year I just scheduled them to run according to the day of the week. That's ok for the most part but I do have some special zones that would really do better running every other day, I don't care what day of the week it is.

I'm using the ISY-99i v 3.2.6 and the EZFlora irrigation insteon module. I also have Homeseer as the main interface to my Insteon devices through their http user interface. I do some scripting in Homeseer and have many Events configured to do all my lighting control but decided to do the irrigation program in the ISY 99i.

thanks, -phil

phil-

I would use an integer variable to indicate on/off days and run a program at the end of the day to flip it for you.

Define: iWaterDay Value 0 Init 0

Program1: EndOfDay

If Time is 11:59:00

Then Run Program WaterDayFlip IF

Program 2: WaterDayFlip (Disable this program)

If iWaterday = 0

Then

iWaterDay=1

iWaterDay Init To 1

Else

iWaterDay=0

iWaterDay Init To 0

Irrigation Program(s):

If iWaterDay=1

And...

Thats the idea.

-Xathros

Thanks Xathros that's a very straight forward approach. I'll give it try.

I wonder if you have a similar approach to using the Wait command. I'd like to load the Wait time from a variable but this hasn't been supported. I think it still isn't in 3.2.6. I've seen some ideas posted on the forum but they always seemed to require several new programs and I just wasn't interested in that much of a work around. I decided to wait until the functionality was added to the ISY.

-phil

Here is a series of programs I wrote for ISY.

http://www.universal-devices.com/mwiki/ ... _Variables

Perhaps it is more complex than you want, but once implemented it opens up the options for virtually any date function. This would include every other,third, fourth, etc. You can also do even/odd days only, things that happen on a weekly schedule or on a specific week of every month. Also annual recurring events like holidays, birthdays, and the sort.

Thanks apostolakisl

I just read through your stuff and there are some elegant pieces to that though it really does highlight the need for some native basic date/time calc capabilities in the ISY.

-Xathros

Thanks apostolakisl

I just read through your stuff and there are some elegant pieces to that though it really does highlight the need for some native basic date/time calc capabilities in the ISY.

-Xathros

Yes, it would be nice if ISY natively made all of the individual components of date separately addressable programmatically. That of course is exactly what I created with those programs. If you currently do not have any variables on your ISY it is a pretty quick thing to import the programs and name the variables. If you already are using varialbes and have conflicts it gets more time consuming depending on the details. I considered re-writing the programs starting with variable 50 assuming that almost no one will have used that many variables already, but frankly, I have better things to do right now then "fix it if it ain't broke"

The programs work very well. I have had it up and running for a long time now, maybe a year without any problems. It also successfully managed the recent leap year.

Archived