Only one node for new Insteon Thermostat 2441TH?

andyf0

I will just add this to the thread.

I still have my SmartLinc (2412N) from before I got my ISY. Tonight, I plugged it back in, updated its firmware and linked only the thermostat - so I could compare the experience using the thermostat with MobiLinc via both the ISY and the SmartLinc.

In MobiLync with the SmartLinc, the Thermostat seems fully functional - it displays current fan mode (AUTO or ON) with the current state in BOLD. It displays current action of the system (COOLING, HEATING or nothing for idle) and the Temperature and Humidity seem to update nearly live - no refreshes needed.

Switching back to the ISY connection - still within MobiLinc - the fan status is not available, system status is not shown and I have to manually sync to update the temperature and humidity. The manual refresh does not get the status of the fan or system (Cooling / Heating etc) - that remains unknown.

The only difference seems to be the way the ISY talks to the thermostst.

If there are any traces I can take to help figure this out - I'm happy to do my best to help. I'm not convinced this is a thermostat issue myself - but it seems to be more of an ISY issue. See the album at http://imgur.com/a/358xN for screenshots of the two - note that the state of the HVAC was identical with the two - AC running, fan on.

Michael.

Hello-

I seem to have the same issue as MWareman. I have two T1900 Venstar thermostats. The first one I bought in 2010, and it displays the "Heat/Cool State" and the humidity (in the Administrative Console, the thermostat adapter is listed as v.95 at the top of the screen in white letters). The second T1900 I bought in early 2011, and it does not display the "Heat/Cool State" or humidity (humidity is always displayed as "0"). The thermostat adapter as listed at the top of the Administrative Console is v.95.

It is a little strange, since I have just replaced both thermostat adapters with Revision 2.4R (firmware) devices, as provided by the Smarthome 2441V replacement program. The behavior with the thermostat does not change whether I use the 2.2R firmware adapter or the 2.4R firmware adapter, which makes me think it is a T1900 issue. I tried switching back and forth between the 2.2R and the 2.4R adapters, but it doesn't change the "v.00" number as displayed in the Administrative Console for the second thermostat. Maybe that indicates this is a version number for the thermostat??

Anybody have any thoughts?

Thanks.

HLA

P.S., well, I tried re-adding the device with "Auto Discover" as somebody suggested above. Both "versions" are now listed as "v.95" for the Thermostat Adapters. So the second one now displays the "Heat/Cool State". It does not display the humidity (still shows 0%). The state of the HVAC system was important to me, so I guess I can live with this. Why doesn't the second thermostat display the humidity?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Michel-

Sorry for the late reply. The T1900 has a built in humidity module. Just like MWareman, when I am in the Admin Console, and when the [Thermostat - Main] device is selected (which is a 2441V Thermostat Adapter, v.95), there is something called "Set Options" at the lower right. Upon selecting that, a "Confirm" window comes up with "Report Humidty", a checkbox (which is unchecked), and Ok/Cancel buttons. If the "Report Humditiy" checkbox is checked, and Ok is selected, the window closes. But if you reselect the "Set Options" function again, the same window opens up with the "Report Humidity" box unchecked. It simply does not stay checked.

This is all despite replacing my Revision 2.2R adapters with Revision 2.4R adapters (and re-linking the adapters to my ISY-99i system). At this point, Heat/Cool State is being reported from the two thermostats, and it also appears that Humidity is being reported to the ISY-99i (for display to the Admin Console). I cannot explain the "Set Options" functionality (with the checkmark), or lack thereof.

Harry

post-2956-140474156516_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Michel,

I upgraded to 3.3.2 the other day - and the issues with the 2441TH are a little different - but still present.

I removed the thermostat (only had 1 node from prior version) and added it again (now has 3 nodes). I saw a post earlier that suggested it should have 5 - the main node, two controllers for temp (low and high) and two controllers for humidity (low and high). The last two are still missing, if indeed they are supposed to be there.

When I select the thermostat node, the 'Fan State' claims to be 'On'. It's not - it's currently 'Auto' as displayed on the thermostat display. If I do a 'query' - everything updates - but the fan state is still incorrect.

When I click 'Set Options' - the 'Report Humidity' check is unchecked. If I check it and click 'OK' - the dialog dismisses. Clicking 'Options' again reveals a still empty check. Reported here: viewtopic.php?p=70205#p70205

The 'Cool Ctl' node appear to have an 'Options' button, as well as set point adjustment buttons. Not sure if it should

Same with the 'Heat Ctl'.

Thanks!

Michael.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I am sure there are folks who are happy with a 2441TH. Based on my tests at the bench I would not install one. I keep getting flooded with Humidity change messages which are reflective of the constantly changing Humidity display on the thermostat itself. There are later hardware revisions and later firmware levels. I am not going to buy a later version just to find out if they have fixed obvious deficiencies. Not uncommon to have problems in early versions of devices but a thermostat is just too important to be playing with.

I tried it and returned it. The temperature reporting is way too inaccurate. Apparently they placed the temperature sensor too close to the triacs that control heat and cool. When the triacs get warm they affect the temperature reporting.

I am sure there are folks who are happy with a 2441TH. Based on my tests at the bench I would not install one. I keep getting flooded with Humidity change messages which are reflective of the constantly changing Humidity display on the thermostat itself. There are later hardware revisions and later firmware levels. I am not going to buy a later version just to find out if they have fixed obvious deficiencies. Not uncommon to have problems in early versions of devices but a thermostat is just too important to be playing with.

Lee I didn't see this on the 2441TH, only on the wireless 2441ZTH.

Archived