Benefits of Elk Integration?

accessha

Hi accessha,

The benefits are:

1. Yes, no longer do you need M1XSP (you need M1XEP) or a PLM/PLC. All communications are done on the network

2. You control your lights/scenes from any ELK keypad or touchscreen

3. ISY updates ELK touchscreens with the current status of the devices regardless of how they were activated/deactivated

4. You can arm/disarm ELK from ISY (or MCE)

5. You can use ELK rules to turn on/off your lights/scenes

and ...

With kind regards,

Michel

Can someone list the benefits of integrating the ISY with an ELK M1G? Does it eliminate the need for the M1XSP and Serial PLC (connected to an M1)? What capabilities, over and above what the Elk can do, does it provide?

• 1 year later...
Hi accessha,

The benefits are:

1. Yes, no longer do you need M1XSP (you need M1XEP) or a PLM/PLC. All communications are done on the network

2. You control your lights/scenes from any ELK keypad or touchscreen

3. ISY updates ELK touchscreens with the current status of the devices regardless of how they were activated/deactivated

4. You can arm/disarm ELK from ISY (or MCE)

5. You can use ELK rules to turn on/off your lights/scenes

and ...

With kind regards,

Michel

Can someone list the benefits of integrating the ISY with an ELK M1G? Does it eliminate the need for the M1XSP and Serial PLC (connected to an M1)? What capabilities, over and above what the Elk can do, does it provide?

My Elk touchscreen does not seem to do #3, whether I turn something on locally or through the Admin console... ):

Hi Traditore,

Do you know how many device/scenes you have in total? Is it more than 256?

With kind regards,

Michel

I only have scenes in there. That must be why the status won't update. Can you confirm?

I added a few devices and those seem to report correctly to my TS07 touchscreen.

No. Not even close.

I remember reading something about scenes not having a status, as opposed to individual devices. Or did I just imagine that?

Let's say my Insteon network consists of an ISY, a SwitchLinc, an ApplianceLinc and a scene (named SLAL) where the SL is a controller and the AL (is a responder. I import the whole thing in M1G. I then end up with three icons under Lighting on my TS07 touch panel. Am I right to say that if I click on either the SL or AL icon, the SLAL scene won't update on the screen? But if I "turn on the scene", both the SL and the AL icons will slide to ON, right?

Hi again,

Yes, you are correct: we do not update the scene status in the current firmware but, as you might have read, this is one of the features we are going to add (with low priority). As such, you are correct:

The scene status will not change on ELK's panel UNLESS it's controlled from within the ELK panel. On the other hand, anything that changes the status of any device, causes the status of that device be reflected on the ELK touch panel.

With kind regards,

Michel

No. Not even close.

I remember reading something about scenes not having a status, as opposed to individual devices. Or did I just imagine that?

Let's say my Insteon network consists of an ISY, a SwitchLinc, an ApplianceLinc and a scene (named SLAL) where the SL is a controller and the AL (is a responder. I import the whole thing in M1G. I then end up with three icons under Lighting on my TS07 touch panel. Am I right to say that if I click on either the SL or AL icon, the SLAL scene won't update on the screen? But if I "turn on the scene", both the SL and the AL icons will slide to ON, right?

Archived