Irule not working with ISY

rizast

hope someone can help me. i setup irule with my isy99 several months ago and it was was working great. i noticed about a month ago it wasn't working but i was too busy to dive into it. i finally took a look at it yesterday but still couldn't figure it out. here's what i checked.

HTTP Gateway on iphone/ipad is set to https://username:password@isy_ip_address:https_port

One of the codes (Network Codes) setup in irule builder based on 19 35 6C

rest/nodes/19%2035%206C%201/cmd/DON

i know the username and password is correct and i even redid the self-Signed certificate.

Very Strange! anyone have any ideas?

After trying a million things, i got it! simply removing the username and password from http section on the device setup

doesnt make sense since i need a username and password to access the isy but its still secured and more importantly it works!

Precisely! It's basically an impossibility ...

With kind regards,

Michel

The issue came back after a day and i had to reinput the user id and password. heres the new issues.

Irule: huge delay (20-30 secs) when turing any insteon device on or off. after the firsy delay it works normally until i close and reopen. ir has no issues.

Mobilinc: only works after i sync. if i close the program and reopen it doesnt. i have to sync everytime before i use it.

very strange because all used to work flawlessly.

Hi Michael,

i checked the error log but dont see anything. as far as the isy is concerned the light eventually turned on. Moblelinc started working perfectly out of nowhere but irule still has the delay. also, not that important but ive noticed the Insteon Finder pops up everytime i run the isy desktop app. is this normal? i have to hit cancel to make it go away everytime and then i get a small window that says request failed

Thanks,

Tom

Hi rizast,

That does make a lot more sense. Did you install a certificate in ISY and, if so, what's the key strength. For strength of 2048, it might take up to 10 seconds to make a connection. Normal SSL implementations do have session resumption algorithms which means that once a session is established, the connection time should drop down to less than a second (it will reuse session keys instead of generating one every time). It seems that iRule does not have session resumption routines.

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi again,

It all depends: the lower the strength the more the likelihood of hackers sniffing everything but the faster the connection time. The higher the strength, the lower the likelihood of hacking and, in the case of 2048 bits, it's rather impossible to crack the key without a super computer. But, the longer the connection times.

You may want to ask iRule whether or not they support session resumption in SSL.

With kind regards,

Michel

Archived