Remote Linc 2 in a scene

JCBond

I have a scene that includes a FanLinc and 4 buttons of a KeypadLinc. It works great. I have each button programed into the scene as controlers so each of them has a different value for each of the other buttons as well as for the FanLinc.

End result is that I have a group of four buttons that control the fan and each other, displaying the correct values as each is pressed.

I am trying to ADD a RemoteLinc 2 to this scene and have it behave the same way but I am running into what seems to me a limitation of the current implementation of the RemoteLinc2.

I need to be able to control the buttons of the KeypadLinc from each of the buttons of the RemoteLinc2 and this does not seam possible.

When I add the four buttons of the RemoteLinc2 all I can program into it is the value of the FanLinc. I don't seem to be able to press one button on the RemoteLinc2 and have it turn on one button on the KeypadLinc and turn Off other buttons on the same Keypadlinc. In essence I dont seem to have control of what the RemoteLinc2 button does to the KeypadLinc buttons, only the fan...

Confirmed. A RemoteLinc2 button as Controller does not allow the KeypadLinc Secondary buttons to be set to 0% On Level. I have Secondary buttons as Controllers for 2 different KeypadLincs in the same Scene and they do present the other Secondary buttons such that the On Level can be set to 0%. Looks like an issue associated with the RemoteLinc2 device type definition.

Michel

Not the beta. I went back to the Official 3.2.6 because I was sure this worked. It is fine when the Controller buttons are actual KeypadLincs. I had a Scene with two different KeypadLincs used to control the FanLinc Scenes. All the Secondary Responder buttons are displayed and can be set to 0% On Level. Using either KeypadLinc all the buttons stay in sync, both on the KeypadLinc where the buttons are physically pressed and on the second KeypadLinc. This was the work you did ahead of 3.2.6.

The glitch is if a RemoteLinc2 (RL2) button is added to the Scene as an additional Controller, selecting the RL2 Controller button does not present the Secondary KeypadLinc buttons on the two KeypadLincs. Cannot set the Secondary KeypadLinc buttons to 0% On Level so all the KeypadLinc buttons come on when the RL2 button is pressed.

• 7 months later...

Archived