Venstar Thermostat not communicating

Just got a Venstar 1 day programmable thermo w/integrated Insteon. It seems to communicate with the RF Insteon bridge but will not communicate with the ISY-99i. I press the program button on the Thermo and then on the bridge they respond like a normal insteon device does when it is set up. when I go to add insteon device and select the 2491 and click OK it does nothing. Looking in the log I get this record

Fri 07/20/2012 07:14:42 AM : DB: Cannot init 14B995.REC

14.B9.95 is the address, any ideas?

I already have a thermo setup with the external RF module and that works great.

I'm having thermostat issues as well.

I few days ago, my ISY stopped triggering programs and variables based on thermostat events. I assumed that the thermostat had gone bad, so I ordered a warranty replacement.

It arrived today, but I CAN NOT add it to the ISY.

Wierd.

Hi geos1200,

Thanks for the update. I really do not know what could be causing this. If you have already tried factory reset on your thermostat, then the only thing I can recommend is this:

1. Telnet to your ISY (http://www.universal-devices.com/mwiki/ ... Windows.29)

2. Login

3. On the command prompt type the following and then press Enter:

RF /CONF/14B995.REC

Please let me know what ISY responds with. If it responds with "... removed successfully" then retry adding your thermostat.

In all cases, please do keep me posted.

With kind regards,

Michel

nope, but.... thinking back. When I first tried to setup I din't see it in the equipment list. so I tried auto discover. It started doing the progress bar over and over again and after 10 minutes I pulled the plug. When it restarted I upgraded the version and posted my issue after trying to add it a few times. So I probably caused my own problem when I pulled the plug, sorry for that. Thanks again.

Archived