Program log

iostream212

I think the best you can do is the Summary view of the programs which shows current status and last/next run times. I'm dying for a way to have programs write to the log (a log, any log) and am currently trying to figure out how to use network resources to send messages to my linux syslog server. That way I can include log writes at various points in my programs.

-Xathros

I kind of have this working. I have tested both to an Ubuntu server and my MAC desktop as syslog destinations and I can write messages to the logs from the ISY - BUT - I haven't been able to figure out how to encode the sender identity, facility and severity portions of the syslog packet so all the messages are from "unknown" and can't be sorted by type or severity. Not really a problem unless there is more than one unknown source submitting messages then I can't filter just the ISY messages.

I'm going to invest a bit more time into trying to decipher the UDP syslog packet structure and see if I can't work out the full capabilities of Source, Facility, Severity and Message.

-Xathros

Archived