Thermostat activity volume

hart2hart

According to instruction manual v2.2R thermostat adapters are supposed to stablize to a value for 2 miutes before an update occurs. If I went back to manual method and queried every 30 to 60 minutes my insteon traffic would be much reduced since I have 3 adapters. Located how to do this in adapter user manual listed below. In final step (4) how would I modify for ISY?

Does this cause adapter to stop broadcasting reports or does it still send but is ignored since not linked?

In genral ... do you recommend doing this? what are others doing? may be able to show some values update more frequently than 2 minutes -- contact Smarthome?

Disabling Change Reports

1) Set the thermostat to Off mode

2) Press & hold the Set button Thermostat Adapter for 3 seconds

The Thermostat Adapter Status LED will begin blinking

The thermostat display will flash all the LCD characters once

3) Press & hold the Set button on Thermostat Adapter for 3 seconds again

The Thermostat Adapter Status LED will continue blinking

4) Press & hold the Responder’s Set button for 3 seconds

The Thermostat Adapter Status LED will stop blinking

Hello hart2hart,

I really do not think these are the cause UNLESS you have programs that do things based on these values that require network activity such as:

1. Network resources

2. Emails/Notifications

3. Portal integrations (remote access)

And, all the above is really not a problem UNLESS there's network connectivity issues such as DNS issues. The problem I see from your error log is that ISY is trying to "connect" to something on the network which is NOT responding. The timeout on your Network resources is the amount of time ISY waits to connect.

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi again, please see the post above first (if you have not already done so).

What you might want to try is disable all those programs that are thermostat dependent and see if there are any improvements.

Secondly, to figure out the slow response times, if this is repeatable, the first thing you might want to do is to disable the programs that are based on DSCLinc variables and see if there are any performance improvements.

The fact that ISY cannot connect to DSCLinc tells me that there are some network connectivity issues. Is it possible that your PC is going to sleep mode? Does this happen immediately? Can you copy/paste your router's logs for the same period?

With kind regards,

Michel

Archived