Venstar 1700 Setpoint not changing.

jmed999

I just installed 2 Venstar 1700s. Everything seems to be working fine except when I adjust the setpoint on my ISY and mobilinc the setpoint on the thermostat doesn't change. When I do a right click and query on the thermostat it just goes back to what the setpoint is on the thermostat instead of my new setpoint via my ISY or Mobilinc. :cry:

How can I fix this?

Thanks! :D

Okay, thanks. Let’s see what the thermostat dongle did with the command. Run Tools | Diagnostics | Event Viewer with Level 3. Issue a Set Point change and post the event trace.

Also in the same event trace, right click on thermostat primary node, select Diagnostics | Query Insteon Engine. Perhaps the new dongles have been updated to I2CS. Actuall do this query first, then trace the Set Point command.

I installed a T2491T1E using 3.2.6. I can change the Set Point when in Cool mode and the thermostat display changes to the new value. This thermostat is I2CS which requires 3.2.6. What procedure was used to add the thermostat to the ISY? I will be able to compare the event trace from my system with yours to see if there is any difference.

To confirm there is good RF communication with the thermostat, the mode can be changed through the Admin Console?

Also in the same event trace, right click on thermostat primary node, select Diagnostics | Query Insteon Engine. Perhaps the new dongles have been updated to I2CS. Actuall do this query first, then trace the Set Point command.

I tried this first and it worked! Thank you for all your time!

I2CS is an enhanced Insteon message protocol. They added a checksum (CS) to extended messages for additional data validation as well as some new link record requirements. The device firmware containing I2CS has been rolling out in various device types since March.

Archived