"Start Linking" not working anymore.

I have an ISY-99i and a Smarthome 2413s. I recently upgraded my firmware to the new version 3.2.6. I use them to communicate with several insteon devices on my network. I purchased 2 outdoor appliance link devices and an additional insteon timerlinc and have been unsuccessful linking them. When I click "Start Linking", I get the typical box asking to select how to handle the existing links, and then it disappears quickly. Normally I would see the progress bar moving across the screen while the ISY looks/listens for new devices. But nothing happens. The box just disappears, and the bottom left of the admin console says the status is ready. Also when I try to do this, I then cannot communicate with my other devices. I have to unplug the PLM and plug it back in to communicate again. I am able to communicate with and operate the previously attached devices, until I try and link a new device. Status updates normally, and signals are sent and received like normal. Any help would be appreciated.

Hello jnormandin,

I am so very sorry to hear about the problems you are having. At this point, I think you have a defective PLM (it goes out of linking mode by itself). Do you have an extra PLM to try? If not, at the least try changing the cable that goes from ISY to the PLM.

Also, please do let me know your PLM's firmware version (Tools | Diagnostics | PLM Status/Info).

With kind regards,

Michel

PLM Info/Status: F.9D.62 v92 / Connected

I'll try a different cable. No extra PLM though. Should I try to factory reset my PLM?

A different cable did'nt work. I did notice when I plug the PLM modem in, it flashes red and green, then dims to a light green.

Hello jnormandin,

At this point, I think your PLM is defective. Before you try anything else, please make a backup of your ISY.

Try factory reset of your PLM. If it works, then do File | Restore Modem (PLM). In all cases, though, I strongly recommend getting a replacement PLM.

With kind regards,

Michel

Archived