scene question

GregE

I have 2 LampLincs in my master bedroom and have a program to turn them both on. I read where doing it as a scene would be better so I created a scene with both of them as a responder and used that line in my program. Now only 1 of the lamps comes on although my ISY says they are both on. What did I do wrong? Should they both be controllers instead of responders or is something else causing it?

Thanks

Right click the Scene name, select Diagnostics | Scene Test. Is the test successful?

The ISY Scene does not have automatic retries associated with Insteon Direct commands so a Scene may have issues if the powerline is marginal to those locations. The Scene Test will verify the necessary link records are present.

Responders is fine.

I just checked each device and the working LampLinc in the scene is listed as a B2457D2 LampLinc BiPhy v.3B and the non working LampLinc is listed as a 2457D2X LampLinc 2-Pin Dimmer v.41. Could that be my problem? I do have another LampLinc Like the one that turns on and off with the scene that I could put on the other lamp if that would help. I'll change the scene to make this other lamp come on and see if that works.

Device 18.9D.AC specifically NAKed the Scene request.

If these are LampLincs were obtained after March 2012 they are I2CS devices which have requirements not seen in other devices.

Right click the LampLinc node, select Diagnostics | Show Device Links Table followed by Compare button click when Show display completes. Are the link records correct?

Can the LampLinc be controlled On/Off through the Admin Console.

The LampLinc that does not work is I2CS. Is the ISY and the Admin Console at 3.2.6 which is required for I2CS support?

Right click the LampLinc node, select Diagnostics | Show Device Links Table followed by Compare button click when Show display completes. Are the link records correct?

Not sure what I am seeing when I do that. I added a screenshot of the results.

LampLinc can be controlled by the Admin Console. It would even come on and off when I had it directly in the program. Admin Console is at 3.2.6.

Should I remove that LampLinc and re-link it?

post-2344-14047415656_thumb.jpg

The last link record, which happens to be for the ISY Scene in question, has been marked deleted.

0FE8 : 22 11 19.84.F0 FF 1F 01

The 22 is the Flag byte which indicates the link record has been logically deleted. Try a Restore Device for the LampLinc and run another Show Device Links Table. The 22 should become A2. If the Restore Device does not resolve the problem, remove the LampLinc from the Scene and add it back.

Archived