Mobilinc Pro/HD backup/restore ?

Xathros

Hi Wes-

Just wondering how hard it would be to add a backup/restore feature to MobilincHD/Pro. Several times now, I have lost my whole config by accidentally hitting Download All rather than Update Only in my settings. Also, last week (On the non-beta version) I noticed that my programs had disappeared from favorites. I quit and relaunched Mobilinc and they came back but without custom Icons, Status and command names. This prompted me to look for a way to backup my config. I see we can share with other devices so I am going to share with an iPod Touch for now as a way to "Copy" my config but I think a backup/restore would be a better idea as we don't all have a backup device to use.

Since the send/receive is already there, I'm hoping it wouldn't be too difficult. Then how about backup to Dropbox. Then maybe combine that into backup/sync with Dropbox. Ok... Maybe I'm dreaming now...

All of the above on iOs devices. Backup to a file in iTunes would suffice to start.

Thanks for your consideration.

-Xathros

PS: Nothing to report on the current beta other than the cams do "Feel" quicker and more stable. Especially my junky old Trendnet cams.

Hi Xathros,

Thanks for the feedback on the current beta. Good to know that the changes we made resulted in a more stable and quicker interface with your cameras.

As for a backup solution, I've been thinking about how to implement this using the built in iCloud support Apple gives users/developers access to. I've added this to my to-do list and I'll take a look to see if this should be the way we go with this or maybe there is another way.

Wes

Hi Wes-

Great news. Looking forward to it. This morning, one of my cams disappeared from Mobilinc on my iPhone and I'm positive I didn't accidentally delete it. I'm starting to get worried about my current configuration.

-Xathros

Hi Xathros,

Not sure what would have caused a camera to disappear. If you force quit MobiLinc and restart does the camera come back or is it gone for good?

Is there anything unique you recall right before the camera disappeared you or the app was doing?

Is this reproducible at all?

How about camera number. Was this the first camera, last camera, or some camera in the middle of your camera list?

Was this an older MJPEG only camera or a newer RTSP camera you were beta testing?

Just trying to collect as much info as I can in case I get other reports of this,

Wes

Hi Wes-

Nothing at all funny before this incident. It was Cam #3 out of 4 in my list. It is a very old TrendNet TVIP-200W. MJPEG only I believe. It is always the last to show up when I view the cams and has the lowest frame rate of them all. No reason I can think of for it's disappearance. I did go most of the way through the process to remove it after adding it back just to see if I may have done it inadvertently. Pretty sure I didn't.

Last time I had my program favorites disappear was following a Mobilinc abend. One of very few I have witnessed. In that case force quitting and relaunching brought them back (sort of) without customizations as I mentioned before. This time a force quit made no change - cam was still gone.

I'm wondering if maybe the crash a few weeks back caused some corruption of my preferences file.

BTW: As a result of this incident I got to see the new 3 Cam display 1 large over 2 small - I like it!

Anyway, If I think of anything else that seems possibly related, I'll be sure to let you know.

Thanks.

-Xathros

Thanks Xathros,

We've got special views for 1, 2, 3, and 4+ cams. Glad you liked the 3 cam view.

Thanks for the details. No idea why it disappeared. Your guess is also mine. If the internal database becomes corrupted then it's possible that it resulted in the app dumping the bad data (your camera).

I'll keep this report in mind if I receive any other feedback on missing cams.

Please do let me know if you notice this again.

Wes

Archived