Need help with Insteon 2450

satwar

I was planning to monitor an alarm condition, which will be only be triggered momentarily. I would like to latch the alarm condition in the isy. The alarm condition in the isy would then be reset manually.

Can this functionality be achieved in the isy ?

The alarm condition can be noted in an ISY Variable. The I/O Linc Relay operating in Latching Mode can be turned On when the I/O Linc Sensor sends an On command to the ISY if an Insteon device indication is preferred. A dedicated LampLinc or ApplianceLinc or Secondary KeypadLinc button can be used. Really need more information on how the alarm condition needs to be remembered by the ISY.

Well that's a no-no for me, but I have had success in pushing the button on 2450 casing. I can get relay to follow sensor, although the relay status doesn't change on isy screen (possibly another 3.3.3 issue). But when I activate "latching, continuous", I get no sign of latching, just the relay following sensor. Are all these issues 3.3.3 issues ?

The I/O Linc Relay is a Responder Only node. It does not send state changes back to ISY. I don't think you want Relay follows Sensor as the Relay will turn Off when the Sensor turns Off (it is following Sensor). Use Latching mode and turn the Relay On from an ISY Program when the I/O Linc Sensor turns On. The Relay will remain On until explicitly turned Off when in Latching mode.

Archived