Cleaning Lady and Thermostat

jmed999

Hello, my cleaning lady has her own Elk M1G code to enter to turn the alarm off. So I would like to adjust the thermostat to comfortable conditions when she arrives. I think this would be easy with the Elk module but how do I get it to adjust back into money saving mode when she leaves? She doesn't have to enter a code to rearm the system when she leaves.

Any ideas on how to do this? Thanks! 8)

How about time? Is the cleaning lady consistent in the amount of time it takes?

How about motion? Lack of motion for a set period suggests the cleaning lady has left.

She does not come at a consistent time. This is why I'm trying to use the Elk to control the thermostat. Is there a way to make her (User $5) enter her code to arm? If so maybe that could trigger the thermostat to go back into energy saving mode.

I don't have an Elk but it seems to me you could used the Elk's Armed State, if the Elk is disarmed set tstat to whatever. Then as oberkc suggested after a half hour or so of no motion detection reset the tstat. It also seems to me that she should be able to re-arm the alarm using her code, but again I don't have an Elk. But if she could arm with her code then the Elk's Armed state could be used again to reset the tstat.

I don't have an Elk but it seems to me you could used the Elk's Armed State, if the Elk is disarmed set tstat to whatever. Then as oberkc suggested after a half hour or so of no motion detection reset the tstat. It also seems to me that she should be able to re-arm the alarm using her code, but again I don't have an Elk. But if she could arm with her code then the Elk's Armed state could be used again to reset the tstat.

I would prefer to make her use her code to arm the system. Not sure how to do that on the Elk. Then maybe I could adjust the stat when she arms and dissarms the Elk. Anyone know how this is done?

I should think that info would be included in the Elk owners manual.

I have a DSC alarm and when any user code is entered the system automatically arms from a dis-armed state. If an entry/exit door is opened during the exit period the alarm arms in away mode otherwise it arms in the stay mode.

Have you tried entering her code to see what will happen?

She does not come at a consistent time.

I apologize for being unclear. The intent of my question was to as about the consistency in the AMOUNT of time she takes, not the start time. For example, does she ususally take around three hours to accomplish her tasks? If so, how about returning the thermostat to energy-saving mode three hours after she enters her elk code?

I'm not sure I understand the confusion.

You just go to Elkrp and under her user name, click the box for "arm" and "disarm"

You can even write rules that only have her user account active during certain hours.

I'm not home to look but I thought checking the arm and disarm box just gives her permission to arm and disarm. I don't think it forces her to use a code to arm. If I could force her to use a code to arm, I think I could just use the ISY to adjust the thermostat when she (user #5) arms or disarms the system. Right?

How do I force the elk to only arm for her when she enters her code?

Solutions:

1) Tell her how you want it done and expect it to be done that way. She is an employee, not your wife.

2) Disable "single keypress quick-arm" under the "area" menu. (also stops everyone else)

3) Why does it matter who is arming the system? If the system is armed by any mechanism to away mode, set the thermostat to unoccupied. If you want to limit it to certain hours, then add that in.

Is it possible with the Elk Module to have a program do something when a certain user presses something on the elk or enters their code? For the if statement under Elk I don't see User...so I don't think I can do things based on who is home and who is not.

Is this correct?

Archived