Motion Sensors gone wild

Hello backinthelab,

I do not think replacing the PLM will automatically fix all your problems. So, at the minimum, I suggest installing the Access Points first to see if you get any improvements.

To answer your questions:

1. You can use Tools | Generate Topology to get an HTML version of all your devices/scenes/memberships

2. You can export all your programs but it will not be in CSV ... it will be in XML. You can always import them all into a different folder in ISY and then recreate them

With kind regards,

Michel

Well, I don't want to speak too soon, but it appears that things are finally functioning properly! I went ahead and replaced the PLM (before I saw your last post, Michel), I also replaced all of the motion sensor batteries just in case. Lastly, and I'm not sure if this caused any problems, but the thermostat hasn't adjusted for DST, so I set the clock on that. I already have 6 access points throughout the house that have tested fine.

So far so good, motion sensors and their corresponding programs are working and status updates seem to be correct through both the console and Mobilinc. I still have the issue of the Elk announcing the garage door multiple times, so I will update the lighting on the M1 and recheck the programs and see if it helps at all.

Not sure where the issue was, but all of the batteries in the motion sensors test fine so I'm leaning towards the thought of a faulty PLM. Again, it's only been about 18 hours so my fingers are crossed.

Thanks again for your responses and assistance, you guys always have been great with support!

Archived