Lost Communication Between ISY99i and PC

cookin_carl

I have a large Insteon installation (over 75 devices) in my home. I control everything with an ISY99i interfaced with an Elk M1 Gold panel. Things have been working fine for over 4 years, when suddenly I lost communication between the ISY and the Elk. I could still log into each system separately with my PC, but the two systems would not talk to each other.

To try to re-establish the communications, I made some regrettable changes to the communication settings on the ISY. Now, I cannot log in to the ISY. The programs I have written (that don't involve the Elk) are still running just fine, but I need to be able to log in.

Is there an easy way to reset these communication settings? Will a factory reset do it? I have a backup of the programs, but I always worry it will not restore. Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

Hi cookin_carl,

I am so very sorry to hear.

If you are not confident about your backup, then do the following:

1. Put a new SD Card in your ISY

2. Factory reset ISY

3. Put the old SD Card back in and reboot

4. Go to Configuration | System | Network and reset your network settings

If you are comfortable with your backup:

1. Factory reset your ISY

2. Restore your backup and when asked whether or not you want to change the configuration, make the appropriate decision (you don't want to replace current configuration which is DHCP with what's in your backup)

3. Once rebooted, go to Configuration | System | Network and reset your network settings as you wish

With kind regards,

Michel

Archived