Fuse in a 2456d3 lamplinc?

Kentinada

Yes the 2456D3 Lamplinc has a internal fuse. 600 watts is about five amps and would blow the fuse.

It has bare wire leads with shrink tubing insulation.

One wire lead soldered to a terminal lug screwed to the Line Input Terminal and wire lead soldered to the circuit board.

There where two different circuit boards that I have seen in the 2456D3 Modules. Revisions 2.? and 4.?. The fuse is easier to see in the 2.? revision versions.

I have blown one myself but didn't write down its value. I know it looks like a 5 mm X 20 mm fuse with leads and is a slow blow type. 3 amps sounds vaguely familiar.

If I find more data I will post it.

If you remove the old one and peel off the shrink tube. It will be marked.

Most may think of it as not a user replaceable fuse. Unless you are electronically inclined.

It has a piece of black shrink tubing on it and would have been screwed directly to the AC Line Pin.

One of the versions I have looked at was a V4.3.

My oldest V2.0 has a 5S4A 250 pig tail fuse in it.

I have a feeling they may have changed it to a lower amperage one but can't verify that.

This is a 3 amp version used in the older 2000SC basic X10 Lamplinc.

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Lit ... SxM1cF0%3d

How long was the extra load being driven?

A slow blow fuse usually take 1 hour at 135% of rating and 5 seconds to 1 minute at 200% of rating.

It is not normally a user replaceable part. Though most electronic technicians and hobbyists. Could probably change one.

Archived