KPL 2487S Unsupported Device 2.44

I just installed the KeypadLinc - INSTEON 6-Button Scene Control Keypad with On/Off Switch (Dual-Band) in my ISY 994i running v.3.3.3 firmware. I have tried several combinations of different devices but keep getting the same error of Unsupported Device:2.44

The switch works fine locally and I can turn on and off remotely but nothing else works. Is there a better firmware or another work around? Thanks!

Same here 3.3.4 RC1 Doesn't work with this. When I let it auto link it came out with and address of an additional .1 on the end, I deleted it, re-added manually without the .1 on the end, still no joy. If just keeps coming back with "Unsupported Device:2.44".

Now I have a KPL installed in a critical location of the home that won't work, yay.

On edit: I'm on a 99i if it matters.

Nope, still doesn't work. Same "Unsupported Device:2.44"

This version of the firmware is turning out to be seriously jacked up. The more I mess with it, the more absolutely insane issues I keep having. I've never had problems with my 99i before. I've tried every known combination of power cycling it, the PLM, clearing java cache, redownloading the admin app. When it starts up it won't ack going into linking mode, the PLM shows it does, the UD admin panel doesn't. It keeps defaulting my on ramp times to 9 min. Doesn't show states of devices. It's just hosed and I'm going out of town with a busted house tomorrow.

Same here 3.3.4 RC1 Doesn't work with this.

Now I have a KPL installed in a critical location of the home that won't work, yay.

I'm in the exact same situation...unrecognized device no matter how I add it...tried to use start linking, manual with auto discover, manual with 2487S selected, manual with 2486S/WHS selected...all result in unrecognized device. Very sad. =(

On edit: I'm on a 99i if it matters.

ISY 994i/IR PRO for me.

Use New INSTEON Device, selecting [02.0F] (2486S/WH6) KeypadLinc Relay in the Device Type pulldown

Worked for me. By the way, I am running the ISY 994i and reverted back to v.3.2.6. Would not work on the Beta releases.

Thanks for your help!!!

Use New INSTEON Device, selecting [02.0F] (2486S/WH6) KeypadLinc Relay in the Device Type pulldown

Worked for me. By the way, I am running the ISY 994i and reverted back to v.3.2.6. Would not work on the Beta releases.

I use Open/Close Door Sensors and Fanlinc though, so I hate to downgrade and lose those for this KPL to work. =(

Hello everyone,

In 3.3.x and above and in combination with I2CS devices, we had to make a decision not to allow devices take other personalities (or types).

The reason this device is not supported in 3.3.4 is because we never knew it existed! It shall be supported in 3.3.5.

With kind regards,

Michel

rhyph

The lack of the Start Linking popup, the 9 minute ramp rate (a 00 value), lack of status, is all the result of something blocking the push of data from the ISY to the Admin Console. Not three problems, three symptoms all with the same cause.

This is often an issue with AV, Kaspersky or Avast blocking data from the ISY. What AV is being used.

In 3.3.x and above and in combination with I2CS devices, we had to make a decision not to allow devices take other personalities (or types).

The reason this device is not supported in 3.3.4 is because we never knew it existed! It shall be supported in 3.3.5.

Excellent! Thanks Michel. Do you have a rough estimated timeline (even a rough one that we promise not to hold you to)?

Hi Vyrolan,

Hopefully this week.

With kind regards,

Michel

Excellent! Thanks Michel. Do you have a rough estimated timeline (even a rough one that we promise not to hold you to)?

Archived