All Lights OFF command for Insteon switches

Roman

Coming from the X10 switches I was able to send an ALL OFF LIGHTS command to a certain address such as Address A.

Is it possible with the Insteon Lights to send an ALL OFF command say to all lights? Or do we have to program this in one light at a time??

Also is there a way to make the lights flash on and off for a while if a certain command is received. In my case when the burglar alarm goes off it sends a certain X10 code, what I would like the ISY to do is if this code is received to flash on and off certain lights until the X10 off code for the alarm is received.

Thanks

"Is it possible with the Insteon Lights to send an ALL OFF command say to all lights?"

No. Insteon devices have a unique hex address. This allows a Controller to send a command to a device and expect the device to ACK the command. This allows a Controller to retry a failing command. Something X10 never heard of. A Scene can be created with whatever lights should be turned Off and turn the Scene Off.

As was discussed elsewhere there is no automatic blink and sending repeated Insteon commands to turn a light(s) On and Off can interfere with other Insteon traffic. Can be done, just know that the action can interfere with other Insteon traffic.

"Is it possible with the Insteon Lights to send an ALL OFF command say to all lights?"

No. Insteon devices have a unique hex address. This allows a Controller to send a command to a device and expect the device to ACK the command. This allows a Controller to retry a failing command. Something X10 never heard of. A Scene can be created with whatever lights should be turned Off and turn the Scene Off.

As was discussed elsewhere there is no automatic blink and sending repeated Insteon commands to turn a light(s) On and Off can interfere with other Insteon traffic. Can be done, just know that the action can interfere with other Insteon traffic.

Thanks found an old post of having the lights turn on and off based on 2 second wait time.. Hopefully never really have to run this command for only time it would run is if the Burglar Alarm went off.

Thanks

My thought would be more to send off signal to all inside lights every 10 seconds... make it hard to burgle the home!

One of my main reasons for getting the ISY is to interface with the alarm that sends X10 signals; but after further research it seems I can throw away the ancient speak-n-spell and interface the ISY directly with the alarm system.

Archived