Confused about using dry contacts on I3 & I4 of EZIO2X4

satwar

I've managed to hookup I1 & I2 to a dry contact device as per attached drawings, and the EZIO2X4 responds correctly.

I think I understand that to hookup I3 & I4 to dry contact devices I need to install a 10k pull-up resistor between +5V terminal and I3 (I4) terminal. Then I connect the wire pair coming from dry contact device, between I3 (I4) terminal and Gnd terminal ?

Does EZIO2X4 need to be reconfigured using SHH utility to enable this to work ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

post-2462-140474157583_thumb.jpg

post-2462-140474157583_thumb.jpg

The connections for I3 and I4 are correct as described. Each 10K resister applies +5V to the respective Input. This puts each Input in the Off state. These resisters are referred to as pullup resisters in the EZIO2X4 documentation. They are necessary on Inputs 3 and 4 because these Inputs can optionally work in Analog mode which makes it impossible to have a pullup resister built into the Input itself. Appling EZIO2X4 GND to either Input turns the Input On.

No additional configuration is needed. These Inputs are configured to work when the EZIO2X4 is added to the ISY. That is why these Inputs should be tied to GND if not used so they do not cycle On/Off due to stray electrical noise.

Archived