"Err 1" During KPL Restore

TJF1960

It is odd. Perhaps if I would have restored 12 or 13 SL the err might have shown up. Or restored some that had a boat load of of links.

This last week I have been getting a few "Unable to Communicate" popups intermittently also which is odd to because since I moved the plm to the service entrance panel I have had rock solid communications.

I will run it thru its paces in the next week and see if things are indeed better or not, but so far so good...

Tjf1960,

Thanks for the update,

I see where you had moved the plms location.

I prefer the PLM to be located in the most central locaction, near the service for reliable comms.

That location has the potential to "load" the PLM more heavily than in some other locations.

It could be that one PLM has a little stronger transmitter than another.

Hard to diagnose without specialized tools.

Hope you can return the suspect unit?

ELA,

Previously I had the plm on a circuit in my equipment room and had good communication but not excellent. After following along your posts and threads I decided to move the plm to a dedicated circuit (on L1) right above the service panel. Right next to it is another dedicated circuit (on L2) for a dual band lamplinc. Once complete it took my communication to excellent with very very very few missed comm's. It has been perfect since early this year.

Yeah theres no way we will ever know the cause.

Smarthome has sent me an RMA so whatever the reason for the plm failure, its their problem now.

Thanks,

Tim

Archived