Keypadlic non toggle mode question

johnnyt

I recently set up a bunch of keypadlinc secondary buttons to non toggle OFF and a number of them don't turn off after I push them but do send only off. It seems one of them does turn off though. I have a program to turn them off after 4 secs but the one that turns off does so in less than 2 secs. What is supposed to happen? I've had problems in the past setting buttons to non toggle mode (as well as setting LED brightness) using ISY and am wondering of this is a glitch or if it's working as designed. The KPLs are v36.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

KeypadLinc buttons in non-toggle mode should blink twice when pressed. A non-toggle On button LED is left On. A non-toggle Off button LED is left Off. I had to factory reset my v.36 and then set the button toggle mode to Off before the LEDs worked correctly. After doing a Restore Device the button LEDs stopping working correctly even though the buttons continued to send only Off commands.

sorry, I'm confused. Are you saying they never worked properly for you, or that they just failed after a "restore device"? have you tried manually setting them to non toggle mode? would that a bad idea - does ISY care about it or just report whet the KPL tells it?

Thanks.

After a Factory Reset the KPL LEDs responded correctly when I set the buttons to non-toggle Off mode. Correct LED operation and correct command generated. After I did a Restore Device to get the link database back I see the same thing you are seeing. The KPL button LEDs do not operate correctly for non-toggle Off mode but the Off command is issued for each button press,

I set several buttons on one of my KPL's to non-toggle mode after deleting and re-adding the KPL, which had given me grief in that area - and with LED brightness - because I had done a "replace with" to it in the past (I dealt with tech support at the time, which was not long ago).

I added it using 3.2.6 and have since upgraded to 3.3.4 and 3.3.5 (not yet at 3.3.6) and non-toggle mode has never turned off a button on it without the help of a program. I do, however, have another KPL next to it where non-toggle mode does work. (both KPLs are v36)

I have also recently attempted to adjust settings on a KPL to make one button as "non-toggle" off. This would be the second button configured in such a way, though the first button was certainly configured using an earlier version of ISY software. My current version is the most recent release candidate, I believe it is called.

While all admin panel indications suggested that this button is in the desired mode, the button LED backlight continued to behave as if in toggle mode (the first button continued to operate as one would expect when in non-toggle mode). I never considered the possibility that the button was operating in a mode different than indicated by the LED backlight, so I did not perform any experiments to confirm. I did not perform a factory reset, but I did cycle power.

Perhaps I will perform some further tests to dig a bit deeper.

or a v40 KPL?

I don't believe this is a factor in my case. On a keypad, a while back, I configured one button as non toggle off. All was well. Later, on the the same keypad, i tried the the same thing on another button (most certainly on a newer version of ISY software)...no luck.

This suggests to me a cause other than keypad version.

I just tried a restore on a KPL v.40 with non-toggle buttons and everything got restored properly. It could be related to the database upgrade from 3.2.6 to 3.3.x.

Well...I just ran a few tests and experiments. I first confirmed that the ISY still showed my button (call it KPL button C) as non-toggle off. I opened the event viewer. I pressed the button and the backlight changed from off to on. Another press and it went from on to off. Watching the event viewer, it appears that the commands sent from the KPL were consistent with the backlight indication.

I restored the device (wow! that took several minutes). I performed the same test with the same results.

I went back to the toggle properties, changed it back to toggle mode, then back again to non-toggle mode. It now works as expected.

Go figure!

• 2 months later...

RCanuk

There is a whole list of issues that can occur when two applications are managing the same set of devices. Change the ISY LED Backlight setting and save. Then change it back to what you want. The ISY keeps track of the values it has sent to a device and does not send them again unless they change.

Archived