In-LineLinc Swicth with Sense

JSchumann

2475S2 - I hooked up per the wiring diagram with a Heath/Zenith PIR that works with a floodlight. For some reason the sense doesn't seem to be picking up.

I tried the set button thing (press till it beeps, then press set 3 times), still doesn't work

Removed from circuit, flood works with PIR fine.

I put the LineLinc on a test bed and tried it, applied hot to sense (vice using a PIR) and it came on OK.

Is it possible the Heath/Zenith PIR isn't compatible?

Thanks,

John

Exactly like the wirning with sense diagram. For the PIR....Blue and Black to Black 120 Hot, White to White (Neutral), Red PIR to yellow Sense, then the red switched to the Flood Hot...

Note this PIR has a slow on slow off feature, possibly the linelinc is expecting a fast ramp to 120?

Thanks,

John

If the Heath/Zenith PIR motion head is electronic rather than relay based they often do not work with the InLineLinc w/Sense as an add on. These PIR motion heads support Dual Bright and other things that makes them incompatible with the InLineLinc w/Sense that is expecting a full swing between 0 and 120v which the electronic PIR motion head does not provide.

A search of the Smarthome forum on this subject should show multiple hits documenting the problem with the Heath/Zenith PIR motion head and the InLineLinc w/sense.

LeeG, Thats what I deduced from my bench test, had to be the PIR - it does have dual bright and ramp on/off.

So what is a good one to get? How do you tell if the PIR has a relay????

Disappointed as the insteon literature says 'use with your own PIR'......

John

I use COOPER Lighting motion heads. They are relay based, at least the ones I buy. Stores such as Lowes and Home Depot have demo walls set up with the various PIR motion heads. I get the ones that the relay click can be clearly heard when motion is sensed.

Archived