Lost the ability to Enable Internet Access

Shadowcomp

I purchased my ISY994i IR/Pro about a month ago and my only regret is that I did not get it sooner.

I have everything working as expected until last Friday morning when Comcast had an outage for about 20 minutes. After the internet came back up I rebooted all my equipment and started troubleshooting. Without going into two days of details I would like to share where I am at now and look for suggestions:

1. I have confirmed that my router is functioning correctly. All other aspects of my network are running with no issues.

2. I have confirmed that my nPNP is enabled and working as expected. I am also running Windows Home Server on the network and it has full access to the internetwith not issues.

3. I have downloaded Portforwarding software and confirmed that my Port Forwarding is correct. By using external IP address I am able to access my ISY's web page using either port 1443 or 81.

4. I have reloaded the ISY software... it was a long shot... but I want to make sure I have done my homework before I come hear for help.

5. To make sure there have been no issues with my internet access I have turned off my WHS Remote Web Access and let everything be recreated (reconfigure router). This was done with no issues.

6. I have tried to enable access to the internet using a different computer.

7. Checked error log for today and there are no entries for today or since before the outage.

8. I have restored a previous backup to ISY from before the outage.

10. Have tried to reconfigure the router manually, and with Port Forwarding Software.

Bottom line is that I have confirmed my network is functioning as expected. I have confirmed that I am accees the ISY from external with correct ports in the URL. The only thing I cannot do is Enable Internet Access.

Any suggestions?

Equipment

-ISY 994i/IR Pro 3.2.6

-DIR-655 v2.0NA

Michael

Using Enable Internet Access is the least preferred option versus port forwarding. With port forwarding confirmed working that is all you need. It is permanent across power outages. With Enable Internet Access external access to the ISY can be lost if the router reboots.

Thanks for the response Michel and Lee!

I understand the risk of turning on Internet Access at the ISY. What I am finding is that I am unable to use Mobilic when I am not on my network. With the access turned on I was able to consistantly connect with my iPhone and iPad. If I want to get to the site I can also go to www. and access the site that way.

Should I be able to access my ISY remotely with Mobilinc (without buying their service) since I already have connectivity?

Michael

Archived