994 vs. 99i?

someguy

I'm sure that this has been answered before, but I can't find it in a search. Too much info comes up when I search.

1) What benefits would I expect to gain if I upgrade to a 994i?

2) Does the hardware change or is it more like buying a new module where I can do it all online?

3) Is there anything important that I need to know about making the switch? I wouldn't have to start over or spend hours getting the new unit to work, would I?

Like the ISY-26 was a few years ago, the 99i will be functionally stabilized because of memory constraints. That has not happened yet but posts from Michel indicate it will happen. The 994 can accept a ZigBee radio now and a Zwave radio in the future (one or the other, not both). There is a post that has the characteristics of the 994, CPU, speed, etc. I'll see if I can find it and post a link.

I had no problem moving from 99i to 994. Installed a current backup from 99i onto 994. Used the same PLM.

Link to Hardware Specs topic

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=9952&hilit=994+cpu

I had no problem moving from 99i to 994. Installed a current backup from 99i onto 994. Used the same PLM.

Same here. No major problems. Had to re-enter my location for accurate sunrise/sunset, IP network settings and username/password as I recall. Everything else restored from the backup perfectly.

If you have the network module and use the web server on the ISY99, you will need to backup the files on the webserver yourself and restore then to the 994 after the network module is activated there.

will I have to buy the modules again?

No. I think the process is to send the UUID of the 99i and the 994 to sales@ UDI and they will activate the modules on the new 994.

LeeG is correct. It took about 5 minutes from the time I asked them to transfer till I noticed them activated on my 994.

-Xathros

Archived