Dim Scene?

djones1415

Three questions:

I'd like to run an existing scene at a level dimmer than called for in the scene.

(1) Is that possible? (Set Scene doesn't offer a % level at which to set the scene.)

(2) If not possible, is there an easier way to do this other than just making another scene with different on levels? I tried setting the scene to level "Brighten" and repeated that 5 times, but that seems to overwhelm the ISY - sometimes it takes a very long time to come up.

(3) The obvious way appears to me to be just to make another scene with the different on levels. There are a LOT of devices in each scene I want to do this with - is there an easy way to copy a scene to a new scene?

Tks

I'd like to run an existing scene at a level dimmer than called for in the scene.

(1) Is that possible? (Set Scene doesn't offer a % level at which to set the scene.)

Yes, with an Adjust Scene Program statement. However, it requires an Adjust Scene statement for each Responder so if there are lots of Responders it will take lots of Program statements.

(2) If not possible, is there an easier way to do this other than just making another scene with different on levels? I tried setting the scene to level "Brighten" and repeated that 5 times, but that seems to overwhelm the ISY - sometimes it takes a very long time to come up.

(3) The obvious way appears to me to be just to make another scene with the different on levels. There are a LOT of devices in each scene I want to do this with - is there an easy way to copy a scene to a new scene?

I don't think so but anyone who knows of a way please jump in.

Like LeeG, I don't believe this is possible. I would certainly like to know if I am wrong.

(2) If not possible, is there an easier way to do this other than just making another scene with different on levels?

That is how I do it.

I once thought there was, but have never been able to find this ability. Thinking about it, I don't know that this even makes sense. Since a given controller can be controller only of one scene, copying a scene could violate that basic insteon tenet.

All-

ISY HOWTO: Copy a Scene

1) Create a new empty scene.

2) Select end expand the scene you want to copy in the left panel (Tree)

3) Click the first entry in the scene to copy, hold Shift and click the last entry in the scene. This selects all entries in the scene.

4) Drag these into the new empty scene.

5) Answer "Yes" to any prompts to add as responders. Anything that is a controller in the original scene will only add as a responder in the new scene as any device can only be a controller for a single scene.

HTH

-Xathros

PS Guys...and I'm talking to myself here - and posting just so anyone in the future has the same question.

What I wanted to do was use all of the same devices in an existing scene, but have them each come on dimmer than is in the scene using a different button. For example, I have a couple of scenes controlled by KPL buttons 1 & 2 ("House Normal" and "House Formal", and I wanted a dimmer version for each controlled by the buttons right under them - 3 & 4.

In my original post, I didn't state the ultimate goal clearly in that I didn't specifically say I wanted to control the new dim scene with different control buttons.

Of course, the easiest way to accomplish what I want was simply to add a new control button to each (same) scene, but put dimmer values on each device in the scene (for that control button only). Just added KPL 3 to House Normal scene and set new on levels for that control button; ditto KPL 4 to House Formal scene. Didn't need to make new scenes at all. Much simpler than I was making it...

Archived