Greeneye Question

Exten

ISY 994i can talk to an ECM-1240 seven channel energy meter.

And it can talk to multiple ECM-1240 units via zigbee?

How many units can it talk to - is there a limit?

Can a 994i w/zigbee talk to the 1st seven channels of a GEM 32 channel unit?

I have a GEM with zigbee and an isy994i with zigbee so I'm hoping they can

play together.

thx.

Hi Exten,

ISY 994i can talk to an ECM-1240 seven channel energy meter.

And it can talk to multiple ECM-1240 units via zigbee?

Yes

How many units can it talk to - is there a limit?

The limit is set to 6 for now.

Can a 994i w/zigbee talk to the 1st seven channels of a GEM 32 channel unit?

I think so. Please contact Brultech as they did infact helped a customer do precisely that

With kind regards,

Michel

• 2 weeks later...

Michel

I need a bit of info from you guys if you can help me out. I am in process of getting everything ordered to upgrade my system from 1240 units to the new gem units. I know you guys are working on getting communications working to the gem units. My question is what do I need to order for communications on the gem unit. Also at the same time I will be upgrading my isy99i pro to the new 994iz/ir pro. I am assuming this unit will do anything that I might need as far as the brultech gem goes am I correct in my thinking as far as the isy goes and what do I need as far as the gem comm goes.

Thanks

Michael, if we go with the IP based version of the Greeneye, are there any restrictions issues, etc to worry about?

And if I understand right, currently I could only talk to 7 channels on the green eye, which I think can handle 32?

Alan

• 5 months later...

More questions... for the green eye!

I am following the zigbee part with the 32 nodes.. Ie I can read power on all 32 channels.

But what about the 8 temperature inputs and the 2 counter inputs for flow. Are these extra channels exposed in the ISY?

What if I use the ethernet config? Understanding I can only see one GEM?

Also more of a ISY/Zigbe question are the ZBHT-2 - Wireless ZigBee Humidity Temperature Sensor with LCD - Model #1015C from smartenit supported?

• 4 weeks later...
Hi madcodger,

They can be supported but we have not spent the resources on it yet. Except for Teken and a couple of others (all can be counted in one hand) there are no pressing requests for this device.

With kind regards,

Michel

Add me to the list. :) I just ordered the ethernet version too. Looks like I'll have to hack a script to get the data into the ISY.

Hi j0dan,

Got it ... may I ask why the Ethernet version?

With kind regards,

Michel

Ethernet is reliable and should integrate with anything. Zigbee to me is the opposite. I also want to use Z-wave once that is stable (already ordered Z-wave locks for my entire house) and it doesn't look like the ISY can support both. Is that true?

Well, there is hoping for more green eye support..

I have pretty much decided I COULD live with just 7 channels if I need too, but a few more would be good too and it's all the CT's that really add up on the greeneye.

Dryer

heat pump

furnance

floor heat

shop

mains

hot water tank

That would do most of what i want so may go the 1240 ecm someday, but waiting on more robust brultech support from the ISY.

I prefer some sort of subscription that the ISY gets updates from the monitors vs having to poll all the time.

Archived