Insteon Smoke Bridge

dpeterson4ca

Hello all,

Please note that although we added support for it based on the developer's guide, we could not test anything except the test button. In short, we have never ever seen any of the commands (just like the Leak Sensor/Heartbeat). As such:

1. Please do keep us abreast of whatever you find

2. Do not assume that this works

With kind regards,

Michel

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Sorry to revive an old thread - but just got my smoke bridge and 4 new First alert Onelink alarms (two with CO - two fire only).

This is what I did. I linked each alarm to each other. The last one I linked to the smoke bridge. So far - so good.

On ISY - using 4.0.4 with the 4.0.11 UI I tried adding the device by it's ID. I got 'Unknown engine'.

I clicked 'Start Linking' and pressed the button on the smoke bridge until the double-beep. This time - it linked to the ISY fine (although I got a comm error for some reason).

I right-clicked the main node - and 'Write updates to device'. This brought the smoke bridge online - so to speak.

Now - I got 7 nodes:

NODE-Smoke

NODE-CO

NODE-Test

NODE-Unknown Message

NODE-Clear

NODE-Low Bat

NODE-Malfunction

(Other reports I've seen indicate 3... not sure why I have 7. The smoke bridge is reporting v43).

I have not had time to experiment with all of the conditions and triggers here - plus the wife is (already) getting annoyed at the loud testing. Does anyone have any good details of:

Can I trigger a 'fire' signal on a connected and monitored Elk M1? (I have the Elk module) This is only for when the house is unattended (alarm is in 'Armed Away' mode) so I don't have to rely on a neighbours to call in case there is smoke when we are not home.

What is 'Clear' about? Should I setup a state variable for 'Smoke Detected' - has 'NODE-Smoke' going on turn the state to '1'. Then have a program to wait for 'NODE-Clear' to change the state to '0'? I have heard that 'Smoke' and 'CO' issues a 'Off' for a clear - but 'Test' does not. Just trying to figure out how they all interact without driving everyone nuts with many, many loud tests.. :)

I notice there is no write up on the wiki. I'm happy to collect information and write something up.

Thanks for any info you have!

Michael.

The sales page for the Smoke Bridge shows five nodes.

The developers notes for the Smoke Bridge show all seven.

Maybe early units didn't support all of them.

Personally that would be no surprise to me. Smartlabs updates firmware and we get big surprises. :roll:

ISY Firmware Release Notes also indicated that Smoke Bridge issues where addressed at 4.0.2. That could also be a factor in how many nodes where added.

Archived