out of memory

dhuth

I am getting out of memory error under status field on program summary page. Is this a limitation of the PLM or ISY-26? How can I determine my limitations or capacity of ISY-26. I have 38 devices, plus a Controlinc, Remotelinc and an IRLinc. Do I need to upgrade to ISY-99 for more capacity? If so, does UD have any upgrade policies to the newer ISY-99.

dhuth,

Based on your installation, this should not happen unless you have more than 300 programs. How many programs do you have?

26 and 99i are identical in functionality and we have not yet come up with an upgrade program. I really do not think you need to upgrade (to PRO) at the moment.

With kind regards,

Michel

I am getting out of memory error under status field on program summary page. Is this a limitation of the PLM or ISY-26? How can I determine my limitations or capacity of ISY-26. I have 38 devices, plus a Controlinc, Remotelinc and an IRLinc. Do I need to upgrade to ISY-99 for more capacity? If so, does UD have any upgrade policies to the newer ISY-99.

dhuth,

Would you be kind enough to send a screen-shot of what you are seeing to support@universal-devices.com? At the moment, I am not sure what the next step should be since we've never had this problem reported nor seen it. I would very much appreciate your input to get this issue resolved.

With kind regards,

Michel

Thank you for you respone. You are correct I have only a few programs at this time. Any suggestions on next steps to correct?
  • 3 months later...

csetter911,

This is quite odd, there is really no reason a program shouldn't be loaded unless the ISY is out of program memory (hence the 'Out of memory' message). With so few programs, it is more likely that one or more of your program files is corrupted.

Questions:

1) What type/release are you running (e.g. ISY-26, version 2.6.6)

2) Are you bringing up the admin console by going directly to your ISY, or are you using the link on the www.universal-devices.com website?

3) Do any of these programs use a 'Run Then' action?

Thanks for the quick follow-up. I actually just deleted the "out of memory" programs and created new "modified" ones. It appears to be all better now.

I think the programs that were causing the "out of memory" message were ultimately poorly created programs (that possibly ended up using way too much resources???). I have backups that I could provide you for future reference of what was causing it if you would like. But my problem seems all fixed now. I guess... when "out of memory" (and still having plenty of memory), just delete the problematic programs and find a more efficient way to rewrite the program.

Craig

• 3 months later...

I am also having the "Out of Memory" error. I have the ISY-99i Pro using firmware version 2.6.5. To troubleshoot, I started deleting programs and lines in programs and adding them back. I found that I got the "Out of Memory" error by adding one addition Run Program 'xx' (Then Path) line to a program. I was able to get the program to load without error by changing the line to either Run Program 'xx' (If Path) or to Run Program 'xx' (Then Path). In this case in the program called to run, I copied the lines in the Then path and moved them to the Else path, so I could call the Else path and get the programs to load.

I shoud not be anywhere close to the limits of the ISY-99i Pro memory. I have about 45 devices, 40 programs, and 26 scenes. I still plan on adding more of each, but am troubled by this error.

Does the ISY have limits to the number of total program lines with the Run Program 'xx' (Then Path) in it? Assistance in solving this issue would be appreciated. Thanks, Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks so very much for the detailed sequence of events which will surely help us to pinpoint the problem. In the meantime, would you be kind enough to upgrade to 2.6.8 and let me know the problem persists?

Thanks again and with kind regards,

Michel

I am also having the "Out of Memory" error. I have the ISY-99i Pro using firmware version 2.6.5. To troubleshoot, I started deleting programs and lines in programs and adding them back. I found that I got the "Out of Memory" error by adding one addition Run Program 'xx' (Then Path) line to a program. I was able to get the program to load without error by changing the line to either Run Program 'xx' (If Path) or to Run Program 'xx' (Then Path). In this case in the program called to run, I copied the lines in the Then path and moved them to the Else path, so I could call the Else path and get the programs to load.

I shoud not be anywhere close to the limits of the ISY-99i Pro memory. I have about 45 devices, 40 programs, and 26 scenes. I still plan on adding more of each, but am troubled by this error.

Does the ISY have limits to the number of total program lines with the Run Program 'xx' (Then Path) in it? Assistance in solving this issue would be appreciated. Thanks, Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks so very much for the detailed sequence of events which will surely help us to pinpoint the problem. In the meantime, would you be kind enough to upgrade to 2.6.8 and let me know the problem persists?

Thanks again and with kind regards,

Michel

Michel, I upgraded to firmware version 2.6.8 and that appears to have corrected the problem. I wrote a few test programs to check this out and they all loaded properly. I'll let you know if I have any similar issues as I continue programming my ISY. Thanks for the assistance, Rob

• 5 years later...

Archived