Wireless Thermostat Insteon 2441ZTH

sbrink

I bought one of these thermostats wanting to put 4 around my house to help control heating and cooling in my hous but the unit is not part of the available devices in my isy-994i device. When will this be available? There are no other good solutions for a temperature sensor.

Thank You

I was using an older version and did upgrade it to the latest. But the ZTH was not on the list and I didn't try auto registering the device. So from reading your post I tried auto registering and it showed up. Thank You. (I think it needs to be on the list for manual installation).

Cheers

I spoke a little too soon. The device registers and gives me all the information accept the current temperature. Also, the values do not show when I go to the table with all the devices. BTW, all I want is the current temperature from the device. It gives the humidity just fine, just not the current temperature.

Cheers

It is usually best to use Auto Discover so the ISY obtains the device firmware level when it is added.

Is the 2441ZTH being used on battery or external power supply? The temp has to change by 2 degrees if memory is correct before the 2441ZTH will send a value. It does this to save battery life. I run mine on an external power supply so its battery limitations are not fresh in my mind. Take a look at the 2441ZTH user guide. I think it spells out the differences between running on battery versus power supply.

There isn't an issue with up dating the values. The problem is that the 'Current Temp' field is completely blank. Setpoint, humitity are all there. Humitity updates as advertised. The value in the 'Current Temp' Field is missing. And I am running on Bat.

Regards

There isn't an issue with up dating the values. The problem is that the 'Current Temp' field is completely blank. Setpoint, humitity are all there. Humitity updates as advertised. The value in the 'Current Temp' Field is missing. And I am running on Bat.

Regards

Has the temp changed by more than 2degrees while you were testing it? You can force it by putting a hair dryer 'near' it and let the temp fluctuate, you should see ISY receive the current temp.

Archived