Problems linking Leak Sensor 2852-222

seallred

I got a new Smarthome Leak Sensor 2852-222 but am having trouble linking it to my ISY. I have tried these two things:

Option 1:

From ISY Link Management - Start Linking

Put Leak Sensor in the linking mode by holding button for 5 seconds until it starts blinking

No luck.

Option 2:

From ISY, New Insteon Device

Enter the Address, Name

Enter Device Type to Leak Sensor

Fails to link.

Any suggestions. Do I have a defective unit?

Thanks.

Still no luck. I placed the sensor right next to a dual band switch, no luck. So I sat it right next to my PLM and tried again and still no luck. One thing to mention is I have an older PLM that is NOT dual band. Just in case that could be it. Anything else I should try before I just send it back to Smarthome.

Thanks,

Hi seallred,

Do you have any Access Points? Yes, 2.

Also, are you certain that the Leak Sensor is actually in programming mode?

I hold it for 3-5 seconds and the green light starts blinking

And, finally, what's our PLM's firmware version (Tools | Diagnostics | PLM Info/Status)?

v63

With kind regards,

Michel

Thanks for the feedback. They are access points (Access Point 2443), but they are probably as old as my PLM because I bought them all around the same time.

Sounds like I either need to upgrade my PLM or send back the sensor.

Appreciate the help, looks like I have a decision to make.

Try the Leak Sensor near one of the Access Points. Use New INSTEON Device, enter Insteon address, Name of choice, leave Device Type set to Auto Discover. BEFORE clicking Okay, put Leak Sensor into linking mode with Set button press until LED blinks continuously. Then click Okay.

Another option is to temporarily move an Access Point to the same plug point as the PLM and repeat the above. Have the Leak Sensor near the Access Point moved to the PLM plug point. If it does not work there either the Access Point, PLM or both need to be upgraded.

When you say it fails to link, what is the specific symptom?

• 1 month later...

I just purchased a leak sensor and had trouble adding it also. I'm running 4.0.2 Beta and my PLM is v85. When I tried to add it using auto discover, it would always fail with "unable to determine device type". The first time I tried to add it by selecting it from the drop down list, it worked. The heartbeat for the sensor says On, so I assume it is working.

Archived