What is plmid.bin?

scotnor

Hello,

I was able to upgrade my isy-26 today to the 2.6.3. Before the upgrade, I did the backup on a windows machine. During the backup on a linux machine, I got a message that said it was unable to backup /CONF/PLMID.BIN and the backup was aborted. A telnet LS command appears to show its size as 128 bytes. So, this brings up a bunch of questions. Including, What is this file? Why doesn't windows trip up on it? Is it important? What should be done so that the linux machine can finish the backup?

On the good side, the program tab works on windows and linux along with program export.

Regards,

Scott

Hi Scott,

If you have 2.6.3 installed, please retry your backup and it should work. Acutally, this was one of the bugs that were supposed to be fixed in 2.6.3.

PLMID.BIN is a very important file as it contains information about the last PLM associated with ISY. File->Restore Modem/Remove Modem will not work without this file.

With kind regards,

Michel

Hello,

I was able to upgrade my isy-26 today to the 2.6.3. Before the upgrade, I did the backup on a windows machine. During the backup on a linux machine, I got a message that said it was unable to backup /CONF/PLMID.BIN and the backup was aborted. A telnet LS command appears to show its size as 128 bytes. So, this brings up a bunch of questions. Including, What is this file? Why doesn't windows trip up on it? Is it important? What should be done so that the linux machine can finish the backup?

On the good side, the program tab works on windows and linux along with program export.

Regards,

Scott

Archived