Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Universal Devices Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

mbking

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by mbking

  1. mbking replied to mmb's topic in IoX Support
    @mmb, Yes, I rebooted the Polisy box and for good measure, restarted the ISY service. No luck yet. It's a minor issue right now, the ISY service is working. I must have an issue with the installation somewhere. Maybe a future update will fix whatever irregularity I have. Mark
  2. mbking replied to mmb's topic in IoX Support
    @Michel Kohanim, I've been clearing the log before initiating a few events to see if the date and time is correct and it is still giving me the same results. To be clear, I'm looking at the Log file under Tools in the Admin Console for the ISY on Polisy. I took a quick look at the Error Log and it seems to have the correct date and time. I've verified that I have Polisy v5.0.4 firmware per the display under Help->About in the Admin Console. While experimenting with this issue this afternoon, I noticed that while the date and time were correct in the Admin Console display, my time zone was not. The Admin Console showed Los Angeles and my Polisy setting is Austin, TX. The sunrise and sunset where off as well. I went into the Polisy Console and changed my location to San Antonio, TX and then back again to Austin, TX. I then did a "sudo service isy restart" and now the location and sunrise and sunset are correct in the Admin Console for ISY on Polisy. I have the one dimmer controlled by a single program and that program fires at the correct times in the If statement. It's just the time stamps in the log file that I'm having issues with. Anything else I should try to fix the time stamps? Mark
  3. mbking replied to mmb's topic in IoX Support
    Yes, I’m on 5.0.4. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. mbking replied to mmb's topic in IoX Support
    I'm seeing some unexpected behavior in the ISY on Polisy log file as well. Not only am I seeing some X10 activity I don't expect to see, but my time stamps are incorrect. I have one dimmer added with a single program set to turn it on and off. That is working as expected. Not sure why the time stamps are incorrect, though. Times in the Admin Console look OK. I forgot to factory reset the dimmer switch before adding it, so I will do that to see if it eliminates the X10 entries. I've received some items from Smarthome that are not factory reset and this could explain the X10 entries. Any thoughts on the time stamp issue?
  5. Not that this will answer the question as to whether Smathome will continue to sell a PLM, but I just got a new serial PLM under warranty, even though the website lists it as Sold Out. It did take several days for them to OK the replacement, but once they did, the new one shipped out immediately. I suppose Smarthome has a supply in reserve. The version is 2.6. I'm going to hold onto the old one and replace all the caps. It has started losing its link table and for me, that's been the first sign of impending failure.
  6. I'm using the ELK node server in Polisy and it works really well in UD Mobile.
  7. @Javi, couldn't get the above to work. I think I can switch between Mobilinc Connect and ISY Portal within the ISY with relative ease, but we'll see. What's the best way to request feature enhancements in UD Mobile? There are a few things I can do in Mobilinc X that I can't do in UD Mobile, but UD Mobile has the edge in it's implementation of the node servers.
  8. I'd like to test UD Mobile using a remote connection (ISY Portal), but I'm still using Mobilinc Connect. Anyone have any experience switching between the two? Any issues switching back and forth? I want to maintain both for awhile to see how node servers get implemented in Mobilinc X. The node server implementation in UD Mobile is really nice to have.
  9. I upgraded successfully yesterday from 5.0.16C to 5.3 on an all Insteon system. No errors or issues that I can see so far. Many thanks to the UDI team. Looking forward to some of the other exciting changes coming in the future. Mark
  10. Lee, Thanks for your help. You described what I did and I'll try your suggestions later tonight. I assume then that Insteon devices do not broadcast their status when their state changes. Thanks again. I'll post the results tomorrow.
  11. Do Insteon modules broadcast their status automatically when their state changes? I am not getting module status in my ISY-99i after installing an EZX10RF module to receive the X10 commands from my Palm Pads and control the Insteon modules linked to it. That setup works fine, but I don't see the status of these lights change in the console or on my MobiLinc app. I don't see any status information in the Event Log either. I can control the lights using the console controls and status is displayed correctly then, but any external control of the lights is not reflected as a status change in the ISY. I have recently installed version 3.3.10 of the software. I also can't come up with a good program to query the modules automatically. Querying the manually does give me the correct state. I'm a bit of a novice at understanding all the details here, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
  12. We're building a new home and I'm looking to expand my home automation system to include the thermostats. I think we're going with the Venstar T5800 and I'd love to see support for it on the ISY-99i. I'm adding my vote.
  13. I was trying to update to 2.7.13 from my iMac and getting the failures I posted earlier. I dusted off a Windows PC and the update worked. I wonder if the latest update to Safari is the source of the problem. I really don't want to be dependent on a Windows PC to use the ISY. I'm on 2.7.13 now, but I'm hoping a solution can be found so I can use the iMac in the future.
  14. I'm having the same problems with Invalid Length when updating from 2.7.12 to 2.7.13. I've updated several times and have never had this issue before. I got to 13% to first time. After cycling the power on the ISY and clearing my JAVA cache, I got as far as 17% before it failed. If I try again, it goes to 13%. I'm not sure what's different now from the previous updates that worked so well.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.