Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Universal Devices Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

io_guy

Members
  • Joined

Everything posted by io_guy

  1. Yes to all.
  2. 1. See my post in V5 as an example. I have a Venstar thermostat showing up as if it was a native stat. The creator of the node server has a lot of flexibility here. 2. These would all show up as native ISY nodes, similar to devices or weather info, etc. They can be used in scenes, programs, whatever.
  3. Not trying to be difficult, but I still have no idea what you're asking in the first paragraph of your post above.
  4. I have no idea what you're asking. I've told you what the app will do, if you want info on node servers read the V5 forum and docs.
  5. Multiple GEMs is no problem. I'll have to investigate Dash support once things are up and running.
  6. Got my GEM late last week and started playing. Should be no problem getting this running. I'll be making an ISY V5 node server for this that will make all energy channels, counters and temperatures available. I'll support a few data formats so that data can be sent to SEG at the same time (for example).
  7. You can't find a close enough weather station? It may not be exact but should be good enough for thermostat play.
  8. So I have a GEM coming my way. My program will use the standard Ethernet module (not the Dash Box or Zigbee) and provide all data to the ISY. This should include channels, counters and one-wire temperature as well.
  9. The Python link you supplied appears to scrape the TC Site, not access a proper API. Honeywell have been less than helpful thus far. I use a Venstar.
  10. Sorry, I have no intention of scraping their website. If they can't provide a decent API they shouldn't be in home automation.
  11. I've tried three times to apply on their stupid website without success. If they ever let me in I'll write an app.
  12. I've been chatting with Brultech on getting a GEM. If things work out I'll be writing a V5 node server to integrate via Serial/Ethernet.
  13. Standard Cat5e here, star pattern (home run), about 1000' and counting.
  14. Not as difficult as you mention here. - Headless - no HDMI, KB or Mouse required. I've never connected a monitor to a Pi. - Install Wheezy per guide in forum. - Configure OWFS and one-wire board per Sheepwalk's info. - Install OWLInk. - Done, no programming or Phython required.
  15. The WC uses the GPIO bus to big-bang (software) its one-wire. This is why the distance is poor. Grab a hardware one-wire chip for the Rasp Pi and you'll have no issues. It also supports unlimited temp and humidity sensors.
  16. About $300 by the time I get it. Looks like I'll be waiting a while.
  17. Any Canadians here using an Echo? How did you get it? I'd write a program to link with the ISY but Amazon doesn't want to sell to us Canucks.
  18. FYI,Your logic is reverse. A NO sensor is complete when magnets are together.
  19. Virtually all one-wire including the S/B20 support parasitic. http://datasheets.maximintegrated.com/en/ds/DS18B20.pdf You likely haven't seen it because it is difficult to make stable over bit-bangers (Autelis and CAI). Much easier with a hardware controller.
  20. Parasitic mode is completely legit for one-wire. That being said, floor heating uses resistive sensors (10k) similar to thermostats. I've also seen some use RTDs.
  21. So I setup my first dimmer 3-way tonight, no issues with on/off. My scene on is 20%. I noticed that when I apply a local fast on (tap on while the light is already on), the second switch in the 3-way doesn't follow suit. So if it's the non load connected switch the lights don't go to 100%. Is this just Insteon tough luck or am I missing something? Would of thought that in a scene they'd always follow suit.
  22. If you have a computer running, ISYLink will do that for you
  23. Program looks fine. With the 10min wait the program should recheck the two variables before sending the email. Only thing I would recommend is logging the DSCLink sends to the ISY to make sure it's not doing extra variable toggles (doesn't appear to be based on your screen captures)
  24. The search is your friend. http://forum.universal-devices.com/forum/40-dsclink/
  25. My fan is controlled by a temperature switch that magnetically mounts to the firebox. Nothing else required - turns on when it's hot. See FK24 blower kit for what I mean.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.