Everything posted by io_guy
-
NodeLink Moved to .NET Core 3
No rain sensor here either but it works fine. Your system must not be returning values for the qpf info. I'll add some error handling.
-
NodeLink Moved to .NET Core 3
Thanks for the feedback. In theory .NET Core should run better and have less chance of breaking between revisions. There are performance improvements they made and all versions are written by the same core team (and it's MS's plan going forward for replacing Framework). I did remove serial port support in this version. Serial port support is an add-on which is platform specific so I would have needed to distribute separate files for every OS. I'm sticking with the core runtime for simplicity. This affects the CallerID module and if anyone was using serial port for GEM. The easy solution here (I use both) was to apt-install ser2net on the Pi, which handles the serial port work and exposes a TCP socket for each comm port.
-
NodeLink Moved to .NET Core 3
Sure I just don't have a script for it. The files can be downloaded here: http://automationshack.com/Files/NodeLink.zip Just extract it into your NodeLink directory, it'll use your existing config file. You'll need to install the .NET Core 3 Runtime, they have binaries or an installer for OSX: https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet-core/3.0 Then to run it's "dotnet NodeLink.dll".
-
NodeLink Moved to .NET Core 3
So with the issues with mono 6 and the fact that .NET Framework will be replaced with .NET Core in the future (just called .NET 5), I've moved NodeLink over to the newly released .NET Core 3. NodeLink will not auto update to this version since it's a big change. If there are any brave testers with a Raspberry Pi out there, you could try the new script: sudo curl -sSL http://automationshack.com/Files/install-core.sh | bash This will download .NET Core 3 Runtime and the new NodeLink. It will also switch your startup script. You current config will stay, as will the NodeLink.exe as the dotnet runtime uses a NodeLink.dll file instead. .NET Core has many performance improvements over mono and a smaller install footprint.
-
NodeLink: Raspberry Pi Install Script
Should be ok. NodeLink auto-names nodes so unless you have multiples of the same device type you should be fine. If you have multiple's you'd want to add them in the same order you did last time.
-
NodeLink: Raspberry Pi Install Script
If your password is > 6 characters only enter in the first 6. It's a stupid EVL thing.
-
NodeLink: Raspberry Pi Install Script
Just a note. I updated the install script to now support all Raspbian versions (such as Jessie, Stretch and Buster). It'll detect which OS version and install packages as required.
-
Polisy
My next RPi project is to toss one inside my hot tub to interface with the old school (non-wifi) Balboa spa controllers. They're also helpful for other HA such as replacing the sketchy MiLight hubs, OWFS, and connectting direct serial to a GEM (to ditch its crappy network card).
- Polisy
- Polisy
-
Digital I/O
Assuming you mean using a Pi and Webcontrol you don't need to learn APIs and Python. On your Pi you could use NodeLink (v5 ISY firmware) or WCLink (V4 ISY firmware).
-
Digital I/O
One that that needs to be considered here is the voltage. You haven't mentioned what your "low level" is but the WC will only handle 5VDC. If it's any greater or AC you'll need another solution.
-
Smart Vent/Dampers for zoning HVAC
I use 24VAC duct dampers to open/close mine. Could work with any HA relay. Only register I know works is the Flair Smart Vent which could connect to ISY V5 through NodeLink and a Raspberry Pi.
-
NodeLink: Raspberry Pi Install Script
The default, notice. Logs are only saved if you check the option. Otherwise just cut and paste the light window.
-
Convert Standard Sprinkler System to INSTEON?
Buy a pro if you have a way of getting an Ethernet cable to it. More stable than the wireless.
-
Convert Standard Sprinkler System to INSTEON?
.com
-
NodeLink: Raspberry Pi Install Script
Yep. Default levels.
-
NodeLink: Raspberry Pi Install Script
Paste a log of NodeLink after a reboot (of NodeLink)
-
NodeLink: Raspberry Pi Install Script
There's not. It should be pretty straightforward. Add the device to nodelink and then a new tab will show up. Enter the rain ip, logon and pass and everything else should work out.
-
NodeLink: Raspberry Pi Install Script
Odd, I'd guess the file is getting corrupted during download for some reason. I just tested it here with a new download and it works fine.
-
NodeLink: Raspberry Pi Install Script
Paste the whole log from a script run.
-
NodeLink: Raspberry Pi Install Script
That script is for a Pi, you should follow the how to for Linux.
-
NodeLink: Raspberry Pi Install Script
What is ver 9?
-
Simple Program for a Dehumidifier
You should always put a couple minutes wait before commands that cycle power to external devices. Otherwise you run the risk of a faulty program, or sensor causing your system to cycle with every isy cycle. Good way to kill an appliance.
-
DSC 4020 Maxsys Integration
It'd be the sticker on the board. I don't think they allow for firmware updates.