Everything posted by io_guy
-
How to turn on Scene at specific time via IR?
I would use an integer variable to store the IR button press (call it irVariable). So the first program just sets the irVariable to 1 on keypress. The second program, which has conditions to execute IF 6:15am AND irVariable = 1. This program would turn on the TV and then set irVariable to 0. You could also have the first program toggle irVariable on keypress. That way you could enable/disable the "alarm". You could even have your bedroom light blink on enable/disable as an indicator of current alarm status.
-
Power Outage & KPL Main
I could spend a few hours testing but I thought I'd ask here first if anyone else sees this... During a house power outage (spike - very momemtary surge) the main load on my KPL dimmer (standard incandescent) quickly shoots up to full on and then turns off. Very annoying when you're in the middle of sleeping. Anyone else see this? ISY or KPL issue? If it's ISY then it's time to set it up on my UPS. KPL (v.35), I don't know.
-
Watchguard Firebox Edge
Kind of coincidence, I would have thought all suported this as well but I just bought a new Netgear yesterday and it does not. The router feature you're looking for is called Virtual Server or its real name is PAT (Port Address Translation). In order to get it on my Netgear, I had to hack it with the 3rd party DD-WRT firmware.
-
Release 3.1.5 (Beta) Is Now Available
To merge posts, go to the forum page (not the topic) and click the "Moderator Control Panel" link near the upper right. In the MCP, select the 2 topics you want to merge (checkbox) and then near the bottom you'll see a dropdown menu where you can select "merge".
-
Release 3.1.2 (Beta) Is Now Available
Would love to see an old request of mine make its way into one of these betas - having a checkbox option, or a 2nd type of wait that doesn't re-evaluate after time expires.
-
ISY-99i and Elk M1 Gold Question
I was bored so I took a look at the Elk RS-232 ascii protocol. Michel, If this is what you're using to create your Elk module (interfacing over RS-232 via a serial-ethernet converter) then you are 90% of the way there to interface with DSC alarms as well. DSC's protocol is similar and in my opinion, less complicated.
-
Release 3.1.1 (Beta) Is Now Available
That's perfect. Thanks Michel.
-
Release 3.1.1 (Beta) Is Now Available
"Return variable definition via REST (for variable names)" Does this mean the variable name is supposed to be sent over REST? If so, it's not working for me. Still just getting value, init, and last changed.
-
Restarting a computer via ISY
You'd need a piece of software running on the computer, listening to a command from the ISY's network module. That being said, if the computer is "locked up" it likely wouldn't be listening anyway.
-
Thermostat recommendation
Wow, those are a great deal. I see a bunch of TS-8s for $50. I thought I got a deal on a Qualtech QSE-100D (4-Port) for $30 but these Digi's are rediculously cheap. And my Elk IP232 (1-Port) just makes me want to cry at $180 new.
-
Release 3.1.0 (Beta) Is Now Available
Retrieving the full list of variables via REST only lists the variable after it has been "initialized", meaning currently has a value. A variable should run with value 0 when created. Couple things that would be great in REST: - Return the variable's name as well (not just ID) so I can identify what each variable is in my external programs. - If just rest/vars/get returned a list of all of them (int and state). Also, init values are not saving on reboot. Back to blank. And, if I set init (rest or console), a zero won't show up (just blank) until I set it to a value, then back to 0.
-
Global Cache IP2IR iTach Wired TCP/IP to IR
The blaster works, but you need all your devices to be in the same area. In my case they're all over the house, zoned with IR distribution hubs. By putting an Emitter out into the hub(s) you are able to control any device without running additional wires/blasters (Goes through the existing system). Much cleaner and no line-of-sight requirements.
-
Global Cache IP2IR iTach Wired TCP/IP to IR
The programming side of things isn't that bad (I've been programming for 14 years so that opinion might be a little biased). There is some IR learning on the iTach (iLearn) software and network commands (ISY network module) but following instructions should be fine. You've read right. The output of the iTach is likely too low for "robust" use as a receiver input on a Xantech. The easiest solution is to use a GC-CGX cable from Global Cache. I made a homeade version with a few transitors and such. My home system has a Xantech ZC21, Xantech 789-44, and 2 Channel Vision P-1205s. All would require the cable (or mod).
-
Hotmail Setup
I was never able to get hotmail to work reliably. I created a Gmail account solely to use as SMTP for the ISY. Works great.
-
Release 2.8.9 (RC5) Is Now Available
Was I asleep for a very long time - what are the 992i and 994i?
-
Release 2.8.8 (RC4 - Code Freeze) Is Now Available
Seems to be working good so far. I got a little scared right after reboot when I logged in a got a dialog about it making changes to devices -please wait. But all seems to be working well. /r/n is back and the additional characters in REST are great. Thanks Michel.
-
Network Module \r \n
Yes programs still work - the "actual" side never did show \r\n. However, with previous versions (I don't know which version changed this), the \r\n always used to be visible on the "body" side. They are no longer visible after an update/save. This is a bit of a pain because you really don't know what you have entered when you go back to take a look (\r, \r\n, \n\r, \r\r, etc).
-
Network Module \r \n
Don't know if this was posted somewhere else, but has the data entering in the network module changed? I noticed that if I use TCP C-Escaped now, I no longer see the \r\n at the end of all my commands. I enter them and once I hit save they disappear. I do notice 2 empty lines after my command so it looks like the ISY converts then into actual line feeds and carriage returns, not keeping the \r\n text as previous. I'm talking about the "Body" side, not the "Actual" side.
-
Global Cache IP2IR iTach Wired TCP/IP to IR
Thought I'd pick up on this old thread instead of making a second. I hooked up an GC iTach IP2IR to my system today. It works fantastic. A little learning curve to get things motoring but this thing is awesome. It cleanly (key word) learned all my remote commands. The beauty of this device as oppose to the SH unit, is that commands are not stored on the unit. They are sent via network to the device everytime. This means there are unlimited commands/combos and no fiddling around with the unit itself. I have 2 Zoned/Global IR repeaters for all my electronics. I sent the output of the iTach into the RX input of one of my repeaters so that there wasn't even a need for extra IR emitters. If anyone wants any additional info on this little guy, give me a shout.
-
How can I turn on the fan once an hour for 10 mins if...
Check under the howtos. I posted a code example for my bathroom fan that does exactly what your looking for.
-
Shutting down computer using network module
I have a .NET program that listens on a specific port for commands like "SHUTDOWN" or "RESTART". The ISY network module just sends the computers these commands. I wrote a custom program because it does some other media center automation/integration as well. There should be any number of programs available for download that would accept a remote shutdown/standby command. This really depends on the computer motherboard, power management config, and OS.
-
Shutting down computer using network module
I do this. I worte a program that runs on my computers. It accepts network commands to shutdown, restart or close media center (and a few other things).
-
IR... what's the deal?
I have the IR version and it works as oberkc said. Much nicer than using a separate insteon device (it doesn't flood your powerlines). It has a generic 40 code set that is available on a Harmony remote, or other codes can be learned. I have my isy-99 about 100' from my media center by using an IR repeater and some CAT5 cable. It works perfect.
-
Which PLM for ISY-99? 2412S or the New Dual-Band 2413S?
I just upgraded my system with a 2413S from AARtech last week and it's work great.
-
I/O Linc - INSTEON Garage Door Control & Status Kit Setu
I have 2 IOLinc garage kits based around this code and they work great: http://forum.universal-devices.com/viewtopic.php?t=1403