Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Universal Devices Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

bmercier

Employees
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by bmercier

  1. bmercier replied to MWareman's topic in Google Home
    I asked Google for clarifications, and I'm told that thermostat support has been released TODAY. It's possible that Google worked directly with others with an early release of the API, but as of yesterday, that was not available to us. So thermostat support is coming. At this point, it's a matter of priorities. Thanks, Benoit.
  2. You may also want to try turning on and off individual devices. Maybe you have an insteon or ZWave communication problem? If the problem is indeed the scene, I'm not the best suited to help you as I personally don't use scenes much. But I know that those who could help would need more informations like what you have in the scene exactly, and we you are experiencing. They will also want to know what there is in the event viewer. I would suggest a new post in Questions and answers. Benoit
  3. In the admin console, are you able to turn on/off the scene reliably? When you issue a command using Alexa, only a single REST API is called for the scene. Devices in the scene should all follow the settings, or not at all. In other words, either the scene on/off works, or not. If it does not work, I suspect that echo is understanding another device, and turning it on/off. But first, make sure the scene works as expected using the admin console. Benoit.
  4. Response time with chunked encoding should be faster than without it. I measured it with my own ISY in the prod environment, and for /rest/nodes, it was 20% faster. I was getting 850ms from request to completed response, vs 1.05s without chunked encoding. That's the round trip from browser< -> ISY Portal <-> ISY. While testing I found a subtle bug that was fixed this morning. This may be what you experienced. Benoit
  5. You should have a main device for your thermostat. Could you try with this one, instead of the AC sub device? That should work. Benoit
  6. Yes, I confirm chunked encoding is now supported. I will investigate the response time. Thanks, Benoit
  7. For Amazon, this is though for a thermostat, which is implicitly "inside". An outside sensor is probably not a use case they though of. Benoit
  8. When you make a change to the spoken name, it needs to be re-discovered by Alexa first. So, you can go to the alexa app, and click "Discover" again. Alternatively, you can simply say "Alexa, refresh my devices". Also, I must add that Alexa does an automatic refresh every +/- 1 hours. So, it's probably already refreshed by now. Benoit.
  9. Just a quick note to let you know the problem has been fixed in dev. It should be live on the next deployment to production.
  10. Please open a ticket with the following informations. 1 - Your UUID 2 - The result of this command for the 3 devices: http://<your ISY IP>/rest/nodes/<your device address> And please reference this post. Thanks, Benoit
  11. Then I think the geofence radius is too small. I would recommend to increase the radius to at least 2-3 houses away. In most use cases, we don't that much accuracy. Unless you have family or friends real close. Benoit
  12. It would show true. The idea is that if anyone is home, then home is considered occupied. The status of the location is simply a OR of each members. If this is not useful, then one can simply not use a location. It's optional. Benoit
  13. An easier way to test is to just type the URL in a browser. https://my.isy.io/api/location/<insertkey here>/report/in The URL can be triggered either with a POST or a GET. Benoit
  14. It's coming back us as we speak Benoit
  15. You can use Mobilinc to connect to ISY Portal. Once on ISY Portal, if you want to use Geofencing, I would recommend to use ISY Portal node server occupancy module. You can create different fences that maps to virtual devices on ISY, representing occupancy for your various geo fences. Geo fence triggering can be done using Locative. Benoit
  16. I doubt this problem has anything to do the PLM replacement. The Alexa discovery process is independant from the ISY devices. If a device is visible in ISY Portal/Amazon echo, it should be discoverable, even if the ISY is not online, even if it does not exists anymore on ISY. Please check under My Profile. Make sure your preferred ISY is set. Also, I would try to redo the account linking on ISY Portal side, and Amazon echo/smart home skill side. Benoit
  17. Good point, I did not realize that. However, he may be using Mobilinc without Mobilinc Portal, either through ISY Portal, an open port, or locally only. But if he is using Mobilinc portal, then obviously this will work only if Mobilinc portal has thermostat support implemented. I do not know. Benoit.
  18. Then it should be really easy. First, can you confirm how you control you lights with echo? Alexa, turn on ... (You are using the smart home skill) OR Alexa, tell ISY to turn on... (You are using the ISY custom skill) If you are using the smart home skill, great, that's what you need. In ISY Portal, under Amazon Echo, just click Add devices, choose your thermostat, and give it a name. Then, say "Alexa, refresh my devices". And you're done. You can control your thermostat just like any other thermostat controlled by echo. If you are using the custom skill, you should instead use the smart home skill. Benoit
  19. No need to do anything. It's just fixes. Benoit.
  20. Thanks Andy. Can you confirm that when you set your thermostat using Alexa, it works correctly? Benoit
  21. Could you post the output of: http://<your_isy_ip>/rest/nodes/<your_thermostat_address> Thanks, Benoit
  22. It has nothing to do with the programs. Alexa's ability to understand depends on the spoken name that you assigned them in ISY Portal. Benoit
  23. I would try IFTTT instead. This would allow you to say: Alexa, trigger open shade Alexa, trigger close shade This is one extra word, but a but more natural than turn on/turn off Benoit
  24. Instead of tying spokens directly to your I/O modules, you could use a program in between. Create one program: On the then clause: Turn on the first I/O Module. On the else clause: Turn on the second I/O Module. Add this program to the spoken list. This will allow to turn on and turn off your skylight more naturally. Benoit
  25. Hello Tim, As I was saying, we dont have control over that. If Amazon releases such a feature, then we should support it. I have no clue what are Amazon's plans in that regard. For sure, that feature does not exists today. Benoit.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.